British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

7 hours ago, havenagotahope said:

Let’s have a raffle Dick that’s usually a good fund raiser

Great idea, if he`s not to bust maybe we can get the World Champ to do the draw.

Do some of the responses on here reflect part of the problem with British speedway?

Again, playing Devil's advocate...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Will it be a car, if so cannot wait

Speedboat or caravan

6 hours ago, bigeddiechek said:

Do some of the responses on here reflect part of the problem with British speedway?

Forum Fanny's no doubt.;):rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Speedboat or caravan

More likely BFH

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Forum Fanny's no doubt.;):rolleyes:

Ah the forum fannies the most intelligent of species 

Aaron Summers has scored 5pts in Poland today riding for his team Wanda Krakow, the meeting ended in a 45-45 draw.

On 11 August 2018 at 4:35 PM, bigeddiechek said:

Possibly or people having a laugh with regards people being called real fans.

How have you enjoyed the last 4 or 5 Berwick home matches?

I think both and don't know to much regarding the Edinburgh trust except that it's separate from the speedway and they donate money to the Edinburgh promotion every month.

I always enjoy speedway, and a big part of it for me is having a night out with friends and family.

I think the only people that have things worked out in British Speedway are the riders, they seem to be the only ones that make any money out of it: and they really do have it worked out to a fine art!!!

If the sport can't survive through gate receipts alone, then I think it is perfectly sensible to put an initiative in place for "superfans" as they are called in other sectors.
A lot of other entertainment businesses survive only because of this network, and as it is completely open to personal choice should never be seen in a negative light.
It is certainly far from unusual, and it is great to see that Edinburgh and Glasgow are so strongly supported in this way. I think we should also realise that Berwick have an unsung support too who quietly give up a lot of their time to help the club survive. Just look at the number of bodies who put down, then lift, track covers. That is a massive job, and has provided a massive benefit to all of the paying public as well as the club; and that is only one example.

I doubt British speedway will ever flourish, though, whilst groups across the country constantly engage in battles with promotions.
It seems to be one of the constants in the sport that survives with clubs above and beyond multiple changes of ownership and promotion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigeddiechek said:

I doubt British speedway will ever flourish, though, whilst groups across the country constantly engage in battles with promotions.

Well I hope you know the full situation because you look a bit silly imo as someone who does know.

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well I hope you know the full situation because you look a bit silly imo as someone who does know.

Big Ed knows the situation he is just fishing and looking for some bites.Not playing devils advocate just stirr#ng.

They were proper supporters last week, now they`re super fans.:rolleyes: