British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well I hope you know the full situation because you look a bit silly imo as someone who does know.

I wasn’t referring to any particular situation, just an observation of British Speedway in general.

It is horribly under a shadow of self-loathing ☹️

29 minutes ago, bigeddiechek said:

I wasn’t referring to any particular situation, just an observation of British Speedway in general.

It is horribly under a shadow of self-loathing ☹️

Pull the other one:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Any news on how much was raised for SRBF ?

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Any news on how much was raised for SRBF ?

£1293.31 on website.

Well done to Berwick and Edinburgh fans.

• Like 5

NBJ scored 15 pts for Leicester tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

NBJ scored 15 pts for Leicester tonight

Bet Jye sent him a well done text.

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Well Saturday is the last home meeting of the season.  Can anyone remember when Berwick had a season this short

If it rains from now till Sept 9th we might be in the play offs.:P:t:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If it rains from now till Sept 9th we might be in the play offs.:P:t:.

Hope it does not rain as we are coming up for this and the Newcastle meeting on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Hope it does not rain as we are coming up for this and the Newcastle meeting on Sunday.

Think your ok for Berwick on Sat weather looks reasonable ,not sure about Newcastle .See Berwick had a result at Ippo tonight though.:P

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Well Saturday is the last home meeting of the season.  Can anyone remember when Berwick had a season this short

1968, Season finished in August, but hadn't started till May - We've really came a long way when we are turning out in the cold, dark nights at the start of the season, then sitting at home in the warmth of August.

For a forward looking promotion, with a commitment to youth, I can't understand why we now have no Stars of Tomorrow meeting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tweedcider said:

1968, Season finished in August, but hadn't started till May - We've really came a long way when we are turning out in the cold, dark nights at the start of the season, then sitting at home in the warmth of August.

For a forward looking promotion, with a commitment to youth, I can't understand why we now have no Stars of Tomorrow meeting.

It said something about the last regular league meeting of the season on Facebook.

Maybe the promotion are looking to see if we have a chance of making the playoffs before deciding if there are any more meetings?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Does seem strange that we haven't had a junior meeting, especially as the Berwick Academy can clink the NJL title with a victory against Peterborough. Even some kind of team event would be well supported IMO.

For Berwick to keep hold of their play off place they need to win away from home in at least one of their three remaining meetings, unlikely I think but time will tell, starting at Scunthorpe tonight.

11 hours ago, sparks123 said:

It said something about the last regular league meeting of the season on Facebook.

Maybe the promotion are looking to see if we have a chance of making the playoffs before deciding if there are any more meetings?

Exactly.