British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Berwick for good or bad have gone with most of last years, the difference between then and now is that last season we had an out and out No1 in Nick Morris who was capable of winning the crucial late races in tight meetings. The Berwick promotion must be hoping that some of the riders for the 2018 season can up their averages. One area where Berwick should gain from is always having two strong reserves.

49 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

which way i see the berwick team is that they have a team with most the riders around the same average so the balance of the team is going to be the same whoever moves in or out the reserve berth

now yes theres no big heat leaders but they have decent riders for there averages

how many times does a team turn up at an away track and a 2nd string puch abover there weight and give the away team a big boost

if you look at it that way berwick might just shock a few teams who underestimate them i just hope if they do give a few teams a nice wee surprise its the smug ones who have the backing to go out and  have first pick of riders

And this is where Berwick just cannot compete with other clubs in the league, who have far bigger financial resources. This forces Berwick to settle for more balanced team line-ups.

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

And this is where Berwick just cannot compete with other clubs in the league, who have far bigger financial resources. This forces Berwick to settle for more balanced team line-ups.

didnt Nick Morris ride for Berwick last season ?

• Like 1

and still dont make a profit, so why do it .

9 hours ago, scaramanga said:

which way i see the berwick team is that they have a team with most the riders around the same average so the balance of the team is going to be the same whoever moves in or out the reserve berth

now yes theres no big heat leaders but they have decent riders for there averages

how many times does a team turn up at an away track and a 2nd string puch abover there weight and give the away team a big boost

if you look at it that way berwick might just shock a few teams who underestimate them i just hope if they do give a few teams a nice wee surprise its the smug ones who have the backing to go out and  have first pick of riders

The way way I see it is that if NBJ and Lindman don't ride to their average we could be in trouble,I feel R/r. Helped us out at home last season as Doolan Howe and Morris got extra rides. Still as long as we provide entertaining speedway that is what really matters hopefully crowd levels will hold up.The sport is still in a shambles with the rule book IMO.Cant believe some of the decisions that were agreed.

14 hours ago, jenga said:

didnt Nick Morris ride for Berwick last season ?

And would have done this season, but money talks

happy new year banditsfans  hope to still post my thoughts on hear in 2018 and still get behind the lads mmmmmm lollol

Happy New Year to all Speedway fans and hope for a bit more luck on track on the injury front for the Bandits next season.

7 hours ago, topsoil said:

And would have done this season, but money talks

so Berwicks money must have shouted the loudest last season !

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so Berwicks money must have shouted the loudest last season !

Or there weren't any other offers? Didn't see anybody else looking to bring him in. It's bidding wars where the likes of Berwick fall down. The promotion, quite rightly, won't go in over their heads.

Now we know the 7 riders Aaron at 1 NBJ at 2 Kev at 3 John at 4 David at 5 Dany then Jye would be my preferred order

Looking

On 1/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, Bandit59 said:

Now we know the 7 riders Aaron at 1 NBJ at 2 Kev at 3 John at 4 David at 5 Dany then Jye would be my preferred order

Looking at team I can see Busk J at No 5? I would have Doolan at 2