British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

51 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looks like a short season.

You must have known that after the AGM back in November or did you think it wouldn't rain as much in 2018 as it did in 2017, so we will change the rules and race each other twice again.

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

You should stop wasting money on fancy internet enabled phones or tablets then if you've no money 

wot i do with littlemoney  i have has nothing to do with you

Edited by cornhillcowboy24

1 hour ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

wot i do with littlemoney  i have has nothing to do with you wot a load of twaddle mmmmmm

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

You must have known that after the AGM back in November or did you think it wouldn't rain as much in 2018 as it did in 2017, so we will change the rules and race each other twice again.

I did,suppose the less meetings clubs run nowadays the less money they lose.

On 25/01/2018 at 10:00 PM, topsoil said:

Where are you Ben?

lollol be at work now

Edited by cornhillcowboy24

On 24/01/2018 at 5:39 PM, bandigo said:

Unsure why they have decided to hold press and practice on a Thursday night given most people who travel are working a fair distance away that day! Not the best for supporters given a Saturday night track!

Can’t get press to come on a Saturday apart from the local rag, because of Football, could be the reason. Possible TV Coverage on the Friday night with meeting on the Saturday may help swell the crowd

On 1/26/2018 at 3:43 PM, Heedthebaw said:

Can’t get press to come on a Saturday apart from the local rag, because of Football, could be the reason. Possible TV Coverage on the Friday night with meeting on the Saturday may help swell the crowd

Absolutely correct.    Media coverage is impossible for a Saturday night practice.  

Back in the day when Bandits were at Berrington (and could run bikes any day, any time) the P&P sessions were on a weekday morning preceding the opening night, with two TV channels and a dozen journalists in attendance.

The coverage from the joint (weekday morning) P&P sessions at Brough Park in recent seasons bears this out.

They even had Per Jonsson up for local TV on a Tuesday morning as the newly-crowned world champion to advertise an end-of-season individual meeting.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

For the reasons giving I get the idea why the P&P needs to be on a week night, I used to like them on a Saturday lunchtime when you would get the Berwick riders and also a few riders from other teams, I`m afraid the last few on Saturday nights and only for Berwick riders are far to stop start for me.

Looking at the fixture list it appears we have quite a sparse June and July again which isn't ideal.

Looks like Jye Etheridge in Belle Vue team too: FRom BSPA website

BELLE Vue have named Dan Bewley and Jye Etheridge as their reserve duo for the 2018 SGB Premiership campaign.

Bewley (pictured) returns to the Aces after an impressive first season at senior level last year, whilst Etheridge steps up after making top-flight guest appearances in the latter stages of the season, alongside his Championship commitments for Berwick.

Bewley said: “I was really happy with how I finished last year. I loved every minute riding for Belle Vue and I’m hoping to continue in that vein of form when the Premiership season kicks off again.

“With everything else I’ll be doing in 2018, riding for Workington and also in Sweden, things will be pretty busy for me. But if I want to prove myself as a rider, it’s what I need to do.”

Etheridge added: “I’m really pumped to be doubling-up this year. I had a few guest bookings in the Premiership last season and I felt I could hold my own so this will be a good measure of my skills.”

my new friend john comes to berwick on 27thmarch wonderif my bud ben will help him out in the white van mmmmmmm very nice

22 hours ago, Figureof8heed said:

Usually these threads are full of Berwick fans arguing wi eachover... this winter we just have this gadgey slavvering twaddle :lol:

Don`t worry this twaddle will soon be over and normal service resumed.

22 hours ago, screm said:

Don`t worry this twaddle will soon be over and normal service resumed.

lollol very nice thanks