Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He is only asking that the Promotion produce a good racing track whatever work has to be done,it fair to say the the entertainment has dropped this season IMO.Whether it is the track or not is open to question and opinion.Personaly I think the track is not great.

We have a promotion taking a full price admittance, so is it unfair to expect a full time commitment like Peter used to make to the club and it’s supporters?

As he said on his interview on Facebook, nobody has done more laps of the track than him.

 Or were  they “special times”?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tweedcider said:

 

 Or were  they “special times”?

 

Probably not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, topsoil said:

So all that it takes is to find somebody with the spare time to go down every night of the week and spend a few hours soaking the track. Which, bear in mind is 368 metres long, so will take a while. Then you have baking hot temperatures the next again day, so anything you have done will dry out in no time. 

As for the influence Nick Morris had over track preparation, you can only speculate about that. Only those who carry out the work will know the truth as to what the difference is between last season and this. Whether they are doing anything different, or if it down to the weather this summer. Those of us on the sidelines can only guess.

If, by putting in the effort through the week, the entertainment improves and keeps people coming back week in week out and then tempts back those who are disappearing on a weekly bases, isn't it worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, concessionscol said:

with the price it costs to get in it will take 5 years to pay it back lollol

 

Lucky you are not going to Edinburgh or flash-the-cash Tigers as your loan would then take 8 years to pay back.:cheers: lollol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He is only asking that the Promotion produce a good racing track whatever work has to be done,it fair to say the the entertainment has dropped this season IMO.Whether it is the track or not is open to question and opinion.Personaly I think the track is not great.

The track isn't great, that's there for all to see. The entertainment hasn't been close to what it was last season. But my point is that we are having extreme weather conditions this summer, which for the man in the street are excellent, but for those trying to prepare a track must be a nightmare. It's easy for us sitting on the sidelines to complain and say "just do this" but in this heat it will almost be a full time job keeping the track in good condition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tweedcider said:

We have a promotion taking a full price admittance, so is it unfair to expect a full time commitment like Peter used to make to the club and it’s supporters?

As he said on his interview on Facebook, nobody has done more laps of the track than him.

 Or were  they “special times”?

 

The difference is that the promotion now also are working men who have to put in a day's work before they can think about speedway. Peter made his money mainly from renting out property and had a lot more time on his hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, screm said:

If, by putting in the effort through the week, the entertainment improves and keeps people coming back week in week out and then tempts back those who are disappearing on a weekly bases, isn't it worth it.

In theory yes it is. That would be the ideal scenario. In practice, however, it may prove a bit more difficult to carry out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13 July 2018 at 1:44 AM, havenagotahope said:

Cause basically people are sick of being ripped off by by riders giving half hearted efforts if they don’t lead leaving bend two then it’s over haven’t seen anyone busting a gut to overtake at Berwick unless they ride for the opposition.

Track is so slick due to weather conditions it's almost impossible to pass when it's slick like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topsoil said:

The track isn't great, that's there for all to see. The entertainment hasn't been close to what it was last season. But my point is that we are having extreme weather conditions this summer, which for the man in the street are excellent, but for those trying to prepare a track must be a nightmare. It's easy for us sitting on the sidelines to complain and say "just do this" but in this heat it will almost be a full time job keeping the track in good condition.

IT is affecting their business  though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fromafar said:

IT is affecting their business  though.

I’m guessing they wouldn’t turn you away if you offered to help with the track ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, penchev said:

I’m guessing they wouldn’t turn you away if you offered to help with the track ? 

 

5 minutes ago, penchev said:

I’m guessing they wouldn’t turn you away if you offered to help with the track ? 

That old chestnut :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

 

That old chestnut :rolleyes:

Aye that old chestnut , yawn 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Courtney posted the following on Facebook last night:

 

"So it's pretty much the norm after a Saturday night match that I put out a little blog and a gracious summary of events, but I feel the urge to put thumb to iPhone tonight before tomorrow's League match against Scunthorpe Scorpions.

There's no escaping the current state of British speedway as a whole and only being 3 seasons deep on intense involvement in the running of our club, it really is the most testing time the sport has ever experienced.

It's the easiest thing to observe and criticise without any solution to any issues.   It's easy to think your whole week depends on a speedway result but these last few weeks have been thought-provoking to say the least for me personally.

My old team Rye House unfortunately won't be in a position to fulfil their fixtures and there are others fighting for survival.

British speedway definately drops clangers where they don't need dropped at times but let's all just gather sone perspective.

When you think of your favorite moments at experiences at speedway I'm sure it's all about the feelgood factor, the atmosphere and the racing?

In little old Berwick-upon-Tweed we're actually doing all right, we always strive to be better obviously but in a very troublesome period within our sport, the town with the lowest population is hanging in there in the professional leagues.

We all need each other in Speedway, that is one thing I’ve figured out and there has never been a more crucial time to dig deep and support what has brought so many of us memories that will last forever.

The same risks are taken by the guy who is guesting or the rider who your annoyed with that didn’t do the job you thought he could.

Promotions are blowing their brains out to make sure legacies continue and solutions are being sourced to problems that nobody had seen coming.

Speedway is dangerous, Speedway is entertaining, Speedway is frustrating but Speedway is ours...

Speedway is Live in Berwick-upon-Tweed tomorrow night at 7pm".

These are excellent words, which should read and digested by everyone.       Those who gripe and moan, who demand instant action, rider-changes and track perfection are living in a different universe.

Let us -- all of us -- who care about having speedway, at Berwick, and every other  track, help people like Scott who are prepared to do something about it.

Stop sniping, stop back-stabbing.    Start supporting.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, balderdash&piffle said:

Not really, it does take extra effort mind.  Soak it and pack it Monday evening followed by the same Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday and Friday, then normal track prep on a Saturday morning, that should get enough water down to the base, no good doing it in the daytime, as it will evaporate too quickly

Are you not a football stadium so there must be some shade to keep the sun off. With me never been there and with this warm weather, even up north, surely it is best to soak it Friday & then Saturday and cover it to keep the sun off.

WHAT! ........... YOU HAVE GOT COVERS! .................SHAME NOT TO USE THEM, THEN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Scott Courtney posted the following on Facebook last night:

 

"So it's pretty much the norm after a Saturday night match that I put out a little blog and a gracious summary of events, but I feel the urge to put thumb to iPhone tonight before tomorrow's League match against Scunthorpe Scorpions.

There's no escaping the current state of British speedway as a whole and only being 3 seasons deep on intense involvement in the running of our club, it really is the most testing time the sport has ever experienced.

It's the easiest thing to observe and criticise without any solution to any issues.   It's easy to think your whole week depends on a speedway result but these last few weeks have been thought-provoking to say the least for me personally.

My old team Rye House unfortunately won't be in a position to fulfil their fixtures and there are others fighting for survival.

British speedway definately drops clangers where they don't need dropped at times but let's all just gather sone perspective.

When you think of your favorite moments at experiences at speedway I'm sure it's all about the feelgood factor, the atmosphere and the racing?

In little old Berwick-upon-Tweed we're actually doing all right, we always strive to be better obviously but in a very troublesome period within our sport, the town with the lowest population is hanging in there in the professional leagues.

We all need each other in Speedway, that is one thing I’ve figured out and there has never been a more crucial time to dig deep and support what has brought so many of us memories that will last forever.

The same risks are taken by the guy who is guesting or the rider who your annoyed with that didn’t do the job you thought he could.

Promotions are blowing their brains out to make sure legacies continue and solutions are being sourced to problems that nobody had seen coming.

Speedway is dangerous, Speedway is entertaining, Speedway is frustrating but Speedway is ours...

Speedway is Live in Berwick-upon-Tweed tomorrow night at 7pm".

These are excellent words, which should read and digested by everyone.       Those who gripe and moan, who demand instant action, rider-changes and track perfection are living in a different universe.

Let us -- all of us -- who care about having speedway, at Berwick, and every other  track, help people like Scott who are prepared to do something about it.

Stop sniping, stop back-stabbing.    Start supporting.
 

There not griping and moaning they are expressing there democratic right of opinion.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy