British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

16 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Are you not a football stadium so there must be some shade to keep the sun off. With me never been there and with this warm weather, even up north, surely it is best to soak it Friday & then Saturday and cover it to keep the sun off.

WHAT! ........... YOU HAVE GOT COVERS! .................SHAME NOT TO USE THEM, THEN!

My point is with hot weather like this it needs soaking every day not just Friday and Saturday, and in the late evening not during the day, as it will evaporate before it has had chance to soak to the base..

On Scotts statement, the one thing I am not getting is the entertainment

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

There not griping and moaning they are expressing there democratic right of opinion.

Correct,fans are giving their opinion of why so many fans are deserting the sport which they are entitled to do,as Scott rightly says they do not have any solutions,but it is the people running the sport that has to come up with the right solutions,the fans simply pay their money to be entertained.The sport is in crisis we all that,now the Promotions are starting to realise the situation,hence his blog.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Scott Courtney posted the following on Facebook last night:

"So it's pretty much the norm after a Saturday night match that I put out a little blog and a gracious summary of events, but I feel the urge to put thumb to iPhone tonight before tomorrow's League match against Scunthorpe Scorpions.

There's no escaping the current state of British speedway as a whole and only being 3 seasons deep on intense involvement in the running of our club, it really is the most testing time the sport has ever experienced.

It's the easiest thing to observe and criticise without any solution to any issues.   It's easy to think your whole week depends on a speedway result but these last few weeks have been thought-provoking to say the least for me personally.

My old team Rye House unfortunately won't be in a position to fulfil their fixtures and there are others fighting for survival.

British speedway definately drops clangers where they don't need dropped at times but let's all just gather sone perspective.

When you think of your favorite moments at experiences at speedway I'm sure it's all about the feelgood factor, the atmosphere and the racing?

In little old Berwick-upon-Tweed we're actually doing all right, we always strive to be better obviously but in a very troublesome period within our sport, the town with the lowest population is hanging in there in the professional leagues.

We all need each other in Speedway, that is one thing I’ve figured out and there has never been a more crucial time to dig deep and support what has brought so many of us memories that will last forever.

The same risks are taken by the guy who is guesting or the rider who your annoyed with that didn’t do the job you thought he could.

Promotions are blowing their brains out to make sure legacies continue and solutions are being sourced to problems that nobody had seen coming.

Speedway is dangerous, Speedway is entertaining, Speedway is frustrating but Speedway is ours...

Speedway is Live in Berwick-upon-Tweed tomorrow night at 7pm".

These are excellent words, which should read and digested by everyone.       Those who gripe and moan, who demand instant action, rider-changes and track perfection are living in a different universe.

Let us -- all of us -- who care about having speedway, at Berwick, and every other  track, help people like Scott who are prepared to do something about it.

Stop sniping, stop back-stabbing.    Start supporting.

That's why we got rid of Lindman to improve the team most clubs finish up with different riders no different to getting rid of any of the present team now as I go every week will continue to post on here whatever my opinion I have praised them in the past but it is not all rose tinted spectacles

8 hours ago, Gazc said:

There not griping and moaning they are expressing there democratic right of opinion.

Dont worry you will get used to this, anyone who dares to criticise is a forum fanny.

• Like 1

Another bore fest tonight, I’ll probably go to Glasgow and will go to Pboro as I want to see Nicholls but there is nothing attracting me anymore apart from an old rider who I havn’t seen ride for a long time

Good win tonight,mostly gate and go ,only Auty provided the entertainment with his never give up attitude which paid off with a couple of passes.Even Covetti won a race when got out in front out of the 2nd bend.

Edited by Fromafar

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Scott Courtney posted the following on Facebook last night:

"So it's pretty much the norm after a Saturday night match that I put out a little blog and a gracious summary of events, but I feel the urge to put thumb to iPhone tonight before tomorrow's League match against Scunthorpe Scorpions.

There's no escaping the current state of British speedway as a whole and only being 3 seasons deep on intense involvement in the running of our club, it really is the most testing time the sport has ever experienced.

It's the easiest thing to observe and criticise without any solution to any issues.   It's easy to think your whole week depends on a speedway result but these last few weeks have been thought-provoking to say the least for me personally.

My old team Rye House unfortunately won't be in a position to fulfil their fixtures and there are others fighting for survival.

British speedway definately drops clangers where they don't need dropped at times but let's all just gather sone perspective.

When you think of your favorite moments at experiences at speedway I'm sure it's all about the feelgood factor, the atmosphere and the racing?

In little old Berwick-upon-Tweed we're actually doing all right, we always strive to be better obviously but in a very troublesome period within our sport, the town with the lowest population is hanging in there in the professional leagues.

We all need each other in Speedway, that is one thing I’ve figured out and there has never been a more crucial time to dig deep and support what has brought so many of us memories that will last forever.

The same risks are taken by the guy who is guesting or the rider who your annoyed with that didn’t do the job you thought he could.

Promotions are blowing their brains out to make sure legacies continue and solutions are being sourced to problems that nobody had seen coming.

Speedway is dangerous, Speedway is entertaining, Speedway is frustrating but Speedway is ours...

Speedway is Live in Berwick-upon-Tweed tomorrow night at 7pm".

These are excellent words, which should read and digested by everyone.       Those who gripe and moan, who demand instant action, rider-changes and track perfection are living in a different universe.

Let us -- all of us -- who care about having speedway, at Berwick, and every other  track, help people like Scott who are prepared to do something about it.

Stop sniping, stop back-stabbing.    Start supporting.

Really!

On 7/12/2018 at 10:29 PM, crescent girl said:

Why?

No need to panic Dick looks like an other Scottish club are being pro active 

Theo Pijper has had a decent day in the second Speedway Longtrack GP in Holland where in finished 4th in the Final, the meeting was won by Martin Smolinski.

Aaron Summers had a rare outing today in the Polish league where he scored 5pts for Wanda Krakow in their home defeat to ROW Rybnik, the meeting ended 27-63...ouch.

Just finished viewing the 4 or 5 races put up on the club's YouTube channel.

If those races are the pinnacle and standard of the evening's "entertainment" at Berwick. It makes me query what were the other 56/71 races like? I have my theories...

P.s I see the Monarchs up the road are not wasting time getting Worrall. He could have been a good signing for Berwick and a potential option for 2019.

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

If those races are the pinnacle and standard of the evening's "entertainment" at Berwick. It makes me query what were the other 56/71 races like? I have my theories...

P.s I see the Monarchs up the road not wasting time and getting Worrall. He could have been a good signing for Berwick and a potential option for 2019.

Probably Monarchs Trust helping re Worrall? In a recent programme I think they have given another £6k or £7k to club to top £23,000 in 2016

2 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Probably Monarchs Trust helping re Worrall? In a recent programme I think they have given another £6k or £7k to club to top £23,000 in 2016

Wow

35 minutes ago, penchev said:

Wow

Wow indeed   Monarchs Fans Trust give £1200 monthly donations to the Club I believe and recently donated £6000 to ensure the club got through quote 'a tricky period' and main reason to ensure speedway continues in east of Scotland.

Yes they donated £23,000 (some going) to the club in 2016. Their rules decree all assets/monies go to benefit of Edinburgh Monarchs club.Would be interesting to hear from other fans in Championship how their clubs profit from set up Supporters Trusts and Clubs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

P.s I see the Monarchs up the road are not wasting time getting Worrall. He could have been a good signing for Berwick and a potential option m

Edited by concessionscol
added more