British Speedway Forum

So with the season almost over what are peoples thoughts for next year.

Personally if it fits my team would be

Nicholls

Schlein

Covatti

Heeps

Newman

Hume

Mountain

Can't really begin to think about next year's team until we know which league we'll be in if the rumour of set race night Mon and Thurs is correct.

If that was to happen we'd have to move up ?

Of the current team I'd like to see Kyle and Cam defiantly and Danyon get another chance no matter which league we are in . If we stay in championship Connor must be back .

Would love Greaves as well but get the feeling he'll be one of the ones that teams will deem to have too high an average . Penalised for having a cracking season .

So with the season almost over what are peoples thoughts for next year.

Personally if it fits my team would be

Nicholls

Schlein

Covatti

Heeps

Newman

Hume

Mountain

You expecting a 50 point limit?

• Like 4

Hence i said if it fits

Can't really begin to think about next year's team until we know which league we'll be in if the rumour of set race night Mon and Thurs is correct.

If that was to happen we'd have to move up ?

Of the current team I'd like to see Kyle and Cam defiantly and Danyon get another chance no matter which league we are in . If we stay in championship Connor must be back .

Would love Greaves as well but get the feeling he'll be one of the ones that teams will deem to have too high an average . Penalised for having a cracking season .

Defiantly :lol:

Whatever league we are in I want to see newman heeps greaves for definate. Don't really want nicholls but when the tough got going last night he got wins, where our number 1 didn't. Scott will be 40 next season..not exactly the way forward, but nor is King, he isn't getting any better either and seems to have had a poor season, especially away. I would like to see Nico back to.

I think we may be forced to go top league, which is where we then start to struggle not owning any riders. Can only see us being cannon fodder just like when last in it. Other riders I would seriously consider would be Masters Cook Campton Riss brothers and Lindgren harris

Edited by baldyman

Guess that Gavans seven about 43.5 without doing a proper check

I've a cracking team shortlist, only trouble is it would probably need an 80 point limit

If as is rumoured the top tier adds teams and goes to as many as 12 teams then I think it will mean a radical change in the second tier.

With the need then for a hybrid Champ/NL I dont think it would be feasible to still include the current top riders in that set up.

The likes of Cook Harris King Masters etc against teams containing 4 riders of the standard of this years No7s and below would be awful.

I can see the second tier not including any rider over 8 or perhaps even 7 from the current set up and having a limit somewhere around 32-35.

The top tier may also need a similar converted limit to ensure a shake up allowing teams moving up to not simply be sacrificial lambs.

Id be quite happy to stay in tier 2 and swap race nights if Thursday becomes Prem only.

Nico

Cam

Kyle

Nathan

Connor

Danyon

Jenkins

• Like 1

Blimey team ideas without knowing what is what, I'll have a go at a premium team and national league hybrid

Nichols

Schlein

Covatti

Heeps

Newman

Greaves

Hume

Hybrid league

Heeps

Newman

Jenkins

Mountain

Hume

Greaves

Sedgman

Surprised to see No7 in your hybrid team beat the swear filter Cookie!! :rofl:

Me thinks it would be a good idea to wait before too much speculation on here about next year.

I believe it would take a bigger crowd than we normally get to survive financially in the top tier (whatever its format)

As yet any rumours are obviously unconfirmed and I'm sure all will be as clear as mud after the agm.

It's just who or who we wouldn't want to see sb, but whatever league I wouldn't want to see doolan sedgmen, and fair few other winging aussie riders, oh and cheap useless Polish ones

Edited by baldyman

After years of diluting and screwing up almost all aspects of the sport, the BSPA now have no choice but to change things. So Monday / Thursday for the top Division is almost inevitable.

So Ippo, Sheffield and Redcar will have two choices, go up or change race night.

With no TV money next year, the top division will be somewhere between the two divisions were this year, so not much more expense, and probably more financially viable than changing nights.