British Speedway Forum

Only way witches can afford going up other than attendances is improving commercially which I'm unsure if the current promotion understand fully to maximise the potential income

Or pass it over to Guy Nicholls and let him have a go tho I understand he is building his business and the witches are not a powerful marketing tool

Anyone on here that can help the massif with giving out our trophy to our rider of the year?? Kevin long sorted it all out for us last year.

I have asked chris Louis by tweet, and the the supporters club by e mail, unfortunately no one seems to want to answer. It would be nice to give the rider the trophy infront of the crowd instead of outside in the car park after the meeting.

We just would like to do it on the centre green like last year, that's what we need help with, not the actuall giving of said trophy. Obviously some others may like to applaud the rider as well.

I've also now sent Ritchie Hawkins a private message.

Edited by baldyman

But that's not exactly the best way to do it, but it may have to be.

If the club don't want it done on centre green that's fair enough, a message back from someone saying that would be nice.

Our crowds wouldn't have to go up too much to survive in the 1st Division. If the Monday / Thursday thing does happen, most clubs would want a cheaper product due to changing race nights, almost certainly no TV money would mean an even CHEAPER product.

But the more I think about fixed race nights, the more problems I can see. Fans and promoters are very stuck in their ways.

Take Somerset, where would they be better off? Friday in the 2nd Division or Thursday in the 1st Division with no TV money? I'm obviously going on the assumption that BT won't pay for something they can get for nothing.

I think we'd be better off in the extremely diluted 1st Division, I would envisage our team being similar to this season with a stronger reserve, looking at the difference between Leicester and us, they have 2 stronger reserves, the rest of the team is roughly the same.

I think we'd be better off in the extremely diluted 1st Division, I would envisage our team being similar to this season with a stronger reserve, looking at the difference between Leicester and us, they have 2 stronger reserves, the rest of the team is roughly the same.

Not sure Leicester are a good yardstick - they finished bottom.

Ippo crowds are probably dependent on success not bottom of the league.

The only problem with the Premier League going over to two nights a week is that Monday is a graveyard to promote Speedway. Any day of the week is better than Monday.

Belle Vue could not wait to get away from it