British Speedway Forum

For years we've wanted separate race nights to get the riders over here, now we cant afford them, it's now all about riding on different nights so all the riders can double up. Agree with balders,I would prefer to stay where we are, but only if it's the same type of league, got a feeling we'll end up with 2 weaker divisions than we have now, if that's the case we might as well be in the top division.

But who cares, let's get this season over and done with first.

• Like 2

I'd prefer to stay where we are with a team along the lines of..

Covatti

Mountain

Newman

Greaves

Heeps

Hume

Jenkins

That team actually looks very weak in my eyes, 4 reserves and 1 second string and 2 heat leaders that are inconsistent and one of them is coming back from that nasty arm injury

I'd prefer to stay where we are with a team along the lines of..

Covatti

Mountain

Newman

Greaves

Heeps

Hume

Jenkins

I would envisage an extremely weak side like that if we are going to stay in a weakened 2nd Division, if league's stay roughly the same this lot would be entertaining but nowhere near good enough.

I would envisage an extremely weak side like that if we are going to stay in a weakened 2nd Division, if league's stay roughly the same this lot would be entertaining but nowhere near good enough.

If the top league goes to 12 teams and the second tier becomes a hybrid of Champ/NL then that would likely be a strong team in a revised second tier.

Rather see the team I mentioned in a 2nd tier league rather than a team like Leceister Rye House or Somerset had this year in the Prem

The problem with every team riding on the same nights is that, like football, you are only going to have a meeting once a fortnight. If you get a rain off, you are going to go a month without a meeting. How many clubs could financially survive with so few meetings?

• Like 1

The problem with every team riding on the same nights is that, like football, you are only going to have a meeting once a fortnight. If you get a rain off, you are going to go a month without a meeting. How many clubs could financially survive with so few meetings?

Was only thinking that myself. I suppose if there's going to be a bigger League, then we'd probably need an extra night to ride. But if you're not riding you don't have much expense, look at the 1st Division this season, some clubs went weeks with hardly any meetings.

Wouldn't the Monday teams race at home on a Monday against a Thursday team, and away on Thursday? When 2 Thursday or Monday teams then that week one would have to move to the other day.

• Like 2

Wouldn't the Monday teams race at home on a Monday against a Thursday team, and away on Thursday? When 2 Thursday or Monday teams then that week one would have to move to the other day.

Depends if they continue with race night seniority, and if teams will agree to race without some riders, say racing abroad.

Depends if they continue with race night seniority, and if teams will agree to race without some riders, say racing abroad.

I think race seniority has to be a thing of the past if the new structure comes in

Has to be equal share of priority going forward

Particularly if a club was switching nights to be in a certain league it would then be doubly unfair to disadvantage them further

Monday night will be the kiss of death for racing on two set nights a week. Newcastle have just said that the fixtures on a Monday the gates are terrible compared to a Sunday. Belle Vue could not wait to get away from having home fixtures on a Monday