British Speedway Forum

Thanks for that bruv. So last season we were guaranteed 19 home meetings, next season looks like 13. Nobody bothers with individual meetings these days, but some clubs will have to invent some meetings to fill the gaps. I'm sure we'll have a strong side that will progress in most competitions, but fans of some clubs will have a lot of blank weeks.

A Kings Lynn challenge for openers perhaps....

Nobody is including Nathan also Chris said he wasn't going to rip team up from last year much, but suspect we'll lose Rory but please not the American!!!

Purely down to numbers from my point of view Badge. I thought Nathan was outstanding this year but for me theres better value going with Danyon and Jenkins at the bottom end as two 2 pointers.

Ive come up with some teams myself that included Nathan, but they didnt look anywhere near as impressive as the potential teams that included Hume and Jenkins.

Hume is a shoe in for one of the reserve spots, and as a regular at Mildenhall well regret not including Jenkins who is a super talent and IMO will up his 2.00 average more than Greaves will up his.

If we dont sign Jordan then you can bet your last Rolo that somebody else will and theyll get the advantage of his 2 point average. We cant let that happen.

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

Am I right in thinking Jenkins would become an asset of any Championship club he joins? He’s got to be in the mix surely. Was a regular at Foxhall this season and was included as #8 in a few meetings.

Drew Kemp is another we need to keep an eye on. Too young this year I think? But a young Ipswich lad being tipped for a bright future who has started his career very well at Mildenhall. Maybe one for 2019.

• Like 2

Purely down to numbers from my point of view Badge. I thought Nathan was outstanding this year but for me theres better value going with Danyon and Jenkins at the bottom end as two 2 pointers.

Ive come up with some teams myself that included Nathan, but they didnt look anywhere near as impressive as the potential teams that included Hume and Jenkins.

Hume is a shoe in for one of the reserve spots, and as a regular at Mildenhall well regret not including Jenkins who is a super talent and IMO will up his 2.00 average more than Greaves will up his.

If we dont sign Jordan then you can better your last Rolo that somebody else will and theyll get the advantage of his 2 point average. We cant let that happen.

I think the same.

Take the 7 I posted.

To fit in Nathan for Jenkins you would need to drop Nico for a Morris/Aryes/Pickering or Kyle for say Connor.

Both combinations without Nathan would be better IMO

• Like 1

Drew Kemp is another we need to keep an eye on. Too young this year I think? But a young Ipswich lad being tipped for a bright future who has started his career very well at Mildenhall. Maybe one for 2019.

Drew isn't 16 until August so unless they have changed the 'No changes after 31st July' he won't do any Championship before 2019, which prob best let him concentrate on Mildenhall next year.

No spot for Connor Mountain?

Think theres more improvement and confidence in Hume and Jenkins, however Connor has shown steady progress in the second half of the season, lots of potential, if hes not in the witches frame would fancy him for Peterborough, hes looked good around there as a visiting rider

Connors away average was higher than his Foxhall figure.

A home track where he feels more comfortable like Boro or Sheff could boost his confidence and help him kick on.

Another Id be happy to have in our 1-7 but like Nathan probably better combinations without him.

Tbh I'd be happy with Mountain and one of JPB or Bacon at reserve and have a stronger top end. We all know who three of our team will be Ostergaard, Lambert and Starke

• Like 1

As much as I think Connor has been brilliant after a early season wobble I do feel he won't be back next season , a shame really but it's all a numbers game .

Hume and Jenkins do offer alot more potential IMO with Kemp waiting in the wings for the following season .I think Kemp could very well be better than Jenkins in the long run but how many times do young starlets appear only to not fulfil their potential.

Think Connor would do a good job at the showground MASSIF recommendation for the Panthers if they could get him there .

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that they set the points limit so high, was hoping for 38

In some ways I'm glad its high as that should mean stronger teams.

It's probably been set so high so clubs can have 5/6 riders doubling up, this will save on costs as riders will ride for less if they're contracted to a 1st division club as well as a 2nd division club. Looking at the proposed strength of our team, surely our top five would be wanted in the 1st division.

Very little difference these days between the two divisions. A top flight team would still beat a second tier team of course before anyone pipes up with that, but the difference is marginal compared to years gone by.

My preference has always been a return to the top flight since the day we dropped down, but these days Im not so sure.

You could argue that the Championship is currently a more attractive League with more variety and numbers.

This is the issue you might avoid clashes with fixed race nights but if as you say 5 riders ride in the top league as well it's more likely they will get injured or suffer issues riding for another team also

Bspa AGM was a waste of time