British Speedway Forum

When morten first come over to England..he really did look like he could make it big...Unfortunately that didn't work out.  Good luck to morten in his future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

When morten first come over to England..he really did look like he could make it big...Unfortunately that didn't work out.  Good luck to morten in his future.

Very true! Like many others injuries take there toll on the body and mind and stall the upward trajectory! Fortunately for Morten he retires in good health having said he’s had great fun over the last 15 years! Becoming a father changes perspective and wish him all the luck in the future! I’m sure we’ll see him around Foxhall from time to time over the years, he is part of the family now after all!!

with a couple less fixtures this season a farewell meeting at the end of the year may be nice...? No mentions of it though

Edited by 89buttons

Anyone know if the track work is still going ahead? Pretty sure I read somewhere at the end of the season that they were going to bring in the kerbs on bends 3 and 4 this winter but heard nothing since. 

Bob can you tell us anything on this?

Edit: Found it, it was actually bends 2 and 4

Louis hopes to do more track work in the winter, rounding off bends two and four to make it a more rounded circuit. Certainly the racing this year has been good, with riders starting to make the most of more space on the Foxhall track.

“I just want to entertain the fans – and of course win,” Louis added.

“I want to make Foxhall the best it can be, some of the racing on Saturday night, for instance, was really good.”

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/speedway/ipswich-witches-for-the-premiership-in-2018-louis-won-t-rule-it-out-what-do-you-think-vote-here-1-5221673

Edited by Arch Stanton

So are will still claiming Rohan as a Witch???

Congratulations to the new Australian Champion :t:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So are will still claiming Rohan as a Witch???

Congratulations to the new Australian Champion :t:

CL is right in to his Twitter these days and is usually the first to “Like” retweet or comment when a club asset achieves something especially something as big as a national Championship. He’s done it with King, Paco, Gino etc etc.

But yesterday when Rohan tweeted his delight at his victory, nothing from Chris whatsoever. Think that’s pretty telling!

Ritchie one of the first to offer his congratulations though. 

Fee must surely be higher for a National Champion :D

but when the National champion is a sour faced  kid , its pretty well halves  his loan fee . lucky belle view , poor ippo !  :o

Last year's fixtures were announced 24th Jan; anyone heard any whispers about this year's?

Edited by IpswichDave

58 minutes ago, IpswichDave said:

Last year's fixtures were announced 24th Jan; anyone heard any whispers as about this year's?

Tomorrow 9am as far as I know

• Like 2

Mmmmm speedway every other week...Let's see how that works out.  There has always been an idea of less speedway will bring in bigger crowds...against people getting out of habit.  Be interesting to see how that swings.

Edited by Baldyman

Exactly my thoughts on first glance Baldy. Pretty sparse fixture list! Three weeks between some fixtures not just two. 

Pleased to see the 16 lapper back as well as the traditional Good Friday double header on the positive side. 

Surely they could have plugged those gaps with a couple more individual meetings? Billy Sanders memorial, Star of Anglia etc..

Also just noticed we face Lakeside in the KOC. Didn’t we have a bye in the first round and then face either Lakeside OR Peterborough in the second round?

Edited by Arch Stanton

Being a bit spread out may help me go to a couple more at home.

Expensive start to season though with lakeside and panthers home and away in a week.

Just read improved drainage and bend exits being done..but best of all....new sound system.   

Edited by Baldyman