British Speedway Forum

Well it's been raining and now it's the slightest of drizzle,  it was undecided when I spoke to Bob the track man but as some of the guys have been out looking at the track and now they are moving the stock car trucks off the centre green I'm guessing they are going to give it a go. 

• Like 1

Apparently not going to happen now,  they just turned the air fence off after a chat on the track. 

Its a shame it couldn't  have been held last Thursday night at seeing as its the traditional night for speedway at Ipswich . They could have opened up the gates for fans to watch ? 

Pity the guys couldn't get a few laps under their belts around Foxhall before the season gets underway, especially the one newbie we've got on board but as Bob said to me it would have probably seriously screwed the track over for Friday. 

Encouraging to see both Connor and danyon score some good points tonight in NL challenge - 12 from 5 and 10 from 4 rides respectively, should be a good confidence boost for them to get the season going!

• Like 5

Do anybody know What the Glasgow fan who was asked about the upcoming season has against The Witches to predict us finishing 9th in this weeks very good Speedway Star. But he also has Peterborough finishing 2nd ahead of Glasgow.

Saw that and had a chuckle I must admit. Obviously everyone has an opinion and even though you wont agree with some of these predictions, you can nearly always make a case for most of them. 

But now and again you’ll come across one or two that look absolutely miles off. Another has us 6th ( I very much doubt we’ll finish that low but fair enough, perhaps he’ll be correct..), but strangely had Workington in first place. If Worky finish first I’ll gladly buy everyone on here their season ticket for 2019 :D

• Haha 1

I remember last year it was our fan that predicted  Berwick to top the league as a result of Gary Havelock's man management........ :o

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I remember last year it was our fan that predicted  Berwick to top the league as a result of Gary Havelock's man management........ :o

He did.   Another chucke moment.

Out of interest what team finished top of predictions by fans and by whoever does the teams one?

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

But now and again you’ll come across one or two that look absolutely miles off. Another has us 6th ( I very much doubt we’ll finish that low but fair enough, perhaps he’ll be correct..), but strangely had Workington in first place. If Worky finish first I’ll gladly buy everyone on here their season ticket for 2019 :D

Come on Worky everyone is rooting for you now!!

(That'll be a season ticket at any track of course.)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Maybe just clueless?

Bit harsh or maybe it is just there opinion on the question asked.

No i think clueless, it's pretty easy to see ipswich team is better than others, if you know riders and tracks, and how good riders could be to what average they have.  I don't mean clueless as a derogatory term, just their knowledge of speedway.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride