British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

King - looks fast but doesn’t know how to team ride.

Hartel - looks ok should achieve at least a 5 average.

Schlein - looks good should be riding at 5

Heeps - A bit better tonight but still needs to improve his gating as there is no outside line at Foxhall at the mo

Covatti - Needs to be protected by riding at 3 or 4 

Mountain - Needs to improve around Foxhall, he’s been here long enough now

Hume - A bit better tonight, got in Heeps’ way in heat 14 but on the positive he stayed on his bike tonight and was practicing after the meeting

Hawkins - has not impressed so far, got riding order wrong, doesn’t seem to have the ability to inspire the team maybe he’s to matey matey with the riders.

It needs to change soon or it will be a hard rut to get out of......

Spot on post. That is how I see it.

What has Covatti achieved so far this season points wise I haven’t been following that closely but of someone on a 7.49 avg couldn’t you swap him for the likes of Kennett 

Then run the riding order 

King,Hartel,Kennett,Heeps,Schlein,Mountain,Hune

Edited by TurnTwo

55 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Looks like Covatti has broken ribs...

Guests for a few weeks then

Tough on Nico who found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time for his 2 falls last night. Get well soon fella

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Guests for a few weeks then

Tough on Nico who found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time for his 2 falls last night. Get well soon fella

Only rider replacement I'd have thought?

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Guests for top 3 in averages this year

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Guests for top 3 in averages this year

Aah didn't realise that, thanks for clarifying

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

New rules this season allows guests for any of the 3 top riders to cover injuries, and  I can think of 3/4 guests who would make Ippo much stronger around the showground .

• Like 1

Can we use oystercard on Thursday? He was awesome at Foxhall the other week.

The Witches are way below par at the moment, but as luck has it, Thursday sees the visit of Newcastle, just what the doctor ordered. 

Edited by Stainlesssteelride
  • Sad 1

Bad news for Covatti. However overall the team just not firing, Camo( & Nico) I expected to see progress, but , at the mo, seems to have taken a step backwards. Connor another one should be shwoing progress. I know it is early in season, but not a good start. 

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

New rules this season allows guests for any of the 3 top riders to cover injuries, and  I can think of 3/4 guests who would make Ippo much stronger around the showground .

Will they bother with the expense of a guest for a competition they are already out of? I would think their remaining riders would benefit from the extra rides.

This may come across a bit harsh, but it's my opinion..  Heeps racing form seems to in cycles, one decent season, then a not so good one, unfortunately last season was a good one. His biggest problem though is making good start's on a consistent basis, so as a fan I find it disappointing that he is never out after a meeting doing starts and first comers time after time. It's clear to see that on his good night's he  does have a talent, but again I don't think it's a talent that will be achieved on a regular enough basis.  

This year's team looks to have been built with everyone reaching their potential, unfortunately it's very rare for that to happen.  

4 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Can we use oystercard on Thursday? He was awesome at Foxhall the other week.

The Witches are way below par at the moment, but as luck has it, Thursday sees the visit of Newcastle, just what the doctor ordered. 

Wouldn’t take anything for granted at the moment! Newcastle pulled off a terrific away win at Berwick last night. I wouldn’t take any chances at all and book the best guest possible for Nico. I get the idea of going R/R to give the others badly needed extra rides, but that’s risky the way we’re currently riding. 

We simply have to win on Thursday, no other result will be acceptable. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

By only one rider practicing again though, isn't taking it for granted exactly what they are doing? Surely the team manager or owner should be telling these riders to get out there, or maybe they are also taking my support and my money being handed over for granted.

It's one of the only sports I know where people don't take every opportunity to practice and get better.