British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

So that's Brennan, Jenkins & Kemp all to be fitted in, presumably along with the current Mountain & Hume.

Interesting team restructuring required or just go NL.

Shame you wasn't there last night Scotsman , i'm sure you would have enjoyed watching Wee Dan as you called him taking the honors last night . 

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Shame you wasn't there last night Scotsman , i'm sure you would have enjoyed watching Wee Dan as you called him taking the honors last night . 

Yes I was disappointed to have miss to Dan the Wee Man. He's really flying atm.

But it clashed with a family arrangement.

I've only managed one meeting this season which was at the Showoffground last Sunday.

Our boys got a point but it wasn't great entertainment - there seems to be an embargo on shale deliveries there.

Can't even get to Lakeside to see our lads tomoroow night.

We are about to move from the area next Friday so I might just might try to get along to see how the new Fox Holes look and give our Bandito cousins a wee cheer.

If it stays sunny long enough there might still be enough light to see the riders go round the bends!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

I've only managed one meeting this season which was at the Showoffground last Sunday.

Our boys got a point but it wasn't great entertainment - there seems to be an embargo on shale deliveries there. 

I don't understand either   why there is very little shale on the showground track , it definitely spoils the entertainment value when it's bare of shale .Someone told me the last delivery of shale they had was delivered prior to the 4's meeting in 2016 . I honestly don't know how they have got away with it for so long and is cheating the fans at what should be  an exciting arena that has the capacity to thrill spectators instead of just gate and go with very little  outside overtaking , or is it a new ploy to fool the opposition if it is it certainly backfired against Workington.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

So that's Brennan, Jenkins & Kemp all to be fitted in, presumably along with the current Mountain & Hume.

Haha fair one!

brennan head and shoulders above all of them though from I saw in terms of bike control!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

I was thinking that myself Scotsman would you judge a rider on one performance? i actually first saw Brennan on the small track at Swindon and he impressed me.A couple of guys who who i know come on to the forum and both see loads of NL racing and I respect both there opinion's greatly actually felt he was not making that much progress and had to get away from Eastbourne to progress.Looking at the Championship Bacon, Mountain,Hume have the highest averages it just shows you how tough the jump is from NL racing for me out of the two pointers Hume barring injury will go on he has something.I would just give him time Brennan just think if he come in now and went to Berwick,Workington,Edinburgh,Scunny,Glasgow a totally different ball game a totally different level look at Bickley 0 again last night he can't buy a point,

As I've said before... remove the likes of King and Schlein from the CL, and the rest of the heat leaders of other teams and would be fine. 

Would a team of the following against similiar strength teams be all bad? 

Heeps

Mountain 

Greaves 

Hume 

Jenkins

Brennan

Kemp

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

As I've said before... remove the likes of King and Schlein from the CL, and the rest of the heat leaders of other teams and would be fine. 

Would a team of the following against similiar strength teams be all bad? 

Heeps

Mountain 

Greaves 

Hume 

Jenkins

Brennan

Kemp

Spot on.

Went to Mildy today. I know it’s Drew’s home track but he was on a different planet to Brennan today. After his good showing at Foxhall I was disappointed with Brennan. Failed to win a race. 

Kemp 20+1 max. The boy was different gravy. 

• Like 2

Whoever thought the "less is more" was a good idea needs their head testing. People will get out of the habit of going and how is Hartel meant to improve as at home without track time. Same goes for Cam as He could do with track time against Championship opponents to get His confidence back. This season so far just hasn't got going and needs to very soon.

Have to be riding home and away next year the lack of meetings is really disappointing - we managed to get loads of people through the gate for the big meetings at the end of last season but there’s zero momentum with this season to get them coming back with meetings so few and far between doesn’t help riders or the sport - the regionalised trophies and cup meetings are a joke 

Something that seems to have slipped under the radar is that when we do finally get back on track we will have a different No1

Not because Danny wont be back (hopefully he will be) but because Rory now tops the averages

(Good to still have an 'English' No1 mind :D)

Decisions needed again with the riding order - do we put the original pairs back together with Cam going to 2 and Nico back at 5 or just put Danny at 5

Should go with Rooboy & DK at 1 & 2.

Would almost match the unstoppable Cookie & Sedgy partnership that wiped the floor with the old PL. 

:cheers:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Should go with Rooboy & DK at 1 & 2.

Would almost match the unstoppable Cookie & Sedgy partnership that wiped the floor with the old PL. 

:cheers:

I see the Norfolk air has already addled your brain :P

• Like 1