British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

I believe he is allowed because he has got a 2017 Championship average ...

My understanding was if declared at the start of the season by the same team he was riding for in the season a rider qualifies for the Grand Prix then they can continue to ride in the championship - if it’s simply because he has a 2017 average then surely we would be able to sign sam masters who also has a 2017 average but been told those averages and now invalid as they have a current uk average and therefore it would have to be a converted average - so I’m assuming Cook will be on a converted average at Glasgow?

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

My understanding was if declared at the start of the season by the same team he was riding for in the season a rider qualifies for the Grand Prix then they can continue to ride in the championship - if it’s simply because he has a 2017 average then surely we would be able to sign sam masters who also has a 2017 average but been told those averages and now invalid as they have a current uk average and therefore it would have to be a converted average - so I’m assuming Cook will be on a converted average at Glasgow?

You could well be right, be interesting to see if this is approved ...

Its on speedway gb site in the tweets bit:rolleyes:

Edited by shazza13
Addition

In the tweets  bit top right corner... Glasgow site says subject to bspa approval speedway gb tweeted it

Edited by shazza13

1. Masters could sign for a CL team (e.g. Ipswich)  but on his current ave which is a PL one plus the multipler.. which would be well over 10.. So wouldn't fit as Kings replacement 

2. Grajzonek isn't allowed to ride in CL as is on a Polish licence 

3. Cook shouldn't be allowed to ride CL as is a SGP rider, he would be allowed to ride for the club he as riding for at the time of qualification (Workington)

4. Richie Worrall could replace King as he rides on a licence which is allowed and has a current ave ( 7.57) which fits

• Like 1

I don’t like using guests long term, but when we’re missing such a big hitter as King I think in this instance I’d carry on with the guest facility. 

Would you go for a Worrall full time, or carry on using Nicholls whenever possible and then a Harris/Lawson etc when there’s a fixture clash with Peterborough?

Me personally I would be looking at our future fixtures and dates and be seeing who the best rider would be and book them up now, as surely that has to be the strongest route.  Scott all home matches.  it wouldn't take long to fix up all riders now.

Agree Baldy. I like Worrall as a rider, but we could surely book stronger guests. 

Not exactly a ton of fixtures to arrange guests for either. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicholls has been given a list of our remaining fixtures and told to box off all the meetings he can do. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

Interesting that Richie Worrall is guesting for us in place of King up at Edinburgh on Friday. There are two other Championship fixtures Friday night so maybe it’s just a case of Scott and others aren’t available and choice was limited. But with the goings on at Glasgow and Worrall potentially available if their changes get approval, you have to wonder whether there might be a reason behind their choice of guest..

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Me personally I would be looking at our future fixtures and dates and be seeing who the best rider would be and book them up now, as surely that has to be the strongest route.  Scott all home matches.  it wouldn't take long to fix up all riders now.

No individual rider would be able to guest for Danny in 'all home matches' - as he's not No 1 by average the 8-day rule would prevent this.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interesting that Richie Worrall is guesting for us in place of King up at Edinburgh on Friday. There are two other Championship fixtures Friday night so maybe it’s just a case of Scott and others aren’t available and choice was limited. But with the goings on at Glasgow and Worrall potentially available if their changes get approval, you have to wonder whether there might be a reason behind their choice of guest..

Peterborough are racing on Friday

Edited by NeilWatson
Typo

41 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

No individual rider would be able to guest for Danny in 'all home matches' - as he's not No 1 by average the 8-day rule would prevent this.

Peterborough are racing on Friday

Thank you, forgot about 8 day rule, 

Edited by Baldyman

Aren’t we lucky have Neil Watson on this forum clarifying things for us, many thanks Niel 

29 minutes ago, Argos said:

Aren’t we lucky have Neil Watson on this forum clarifying things for us, many thanks Niel 

It certainly helps.. It's good of him to post .