British Speedway Forum

What about Kai Huckenbeck. I think he would be on 5.53 x 1.3 = 7.18. Thought he look good in SON.

So it won't be Worrall by the looks of it.  Don't see it being anyone for a team spot unless more than one change is made..Maybe 3 or 4 should be made with a view to a decent team for next year. 

Was gonna say the same this morning Baldy but couldn’t be bothered!

May as well rip the team up and try two or three newbies from abroad. If only one of those turns out to be a diamond then it’ll have been worth it. Why not?

My thoughts exactly, we won't make the play offs and already out of everything else, so nothing to lose.. A few new young and attack minded riders may just help keep the crowd interested, as that often drops once play offs cant be made.

Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Brennan given a few meetings at reserve.

Edited by Baldyman

Why not put together a team of NL riders, arrange some challenge matches and individual meetings and forget the rest of the league season. Afterall the witches are only making up the numbers now and so how about putting on some entertainment and see what riders can be unearthed for next year. Riders turning up knowing that team places are up for grabs will certainly be going all out. 

Matches ridden this year
14 Schlein
14 Mountain
12 Heeps
12 Hume
9 Covatti 
9 (Guest )
7 King

7 RR
6 Haertel
2 Jeppesen 

Out of 14 matches 1-7 Only been used  4 times.... 3 times with Haertel and 1 with Jeppesen 

With Mark Riss being dropped by Edinburgh Id like to see him brought in

I know it would take a complete redeclaration unless he would replace Jeppesen (which would be a shame - I liked what I saw briefly on Thursday)

All down to the numbers and options available to complete the 7 of course as to which way is best

Mark would be a great signing. 

Really sorry we have dropped him. Think he was close to winning the Scottish open at the start of the season. 

Masters 10.4

schlein 9.58

covatti 6.64

jeppeson 5.2

riss 4.86

mountain 3.62

a national league rider on a 2

comes to 42.3 - my pick in the absence of being able to select drew kemp would be tom Brennan for 2 point man can’t see him scoring much less than danyon once into the swing of it

covatti going well Home and away now as third heat leader and would have a top 1&5 capable of scorin heavily Home and away

Mark riss goes well at Foxhall and can slot in at no.2

be a bit tough on heeps but he’s been no where near the level he reached last year - we need a competitive one to seven home and away and he just hasn’t been reliable enough - can’t see how else we can pull in a sufficient replacement for Danny without redeclaring

Edited by 89buttons

Could we have a guest for Jonas?? I'm sure they announced Thurs evening he had a broken scaphoid:unsure: which surely means 6 weeks at least doesn't it?

Sign Coty Garcia or Ellis Perks or both I think a few changes are needed to have one last push for the play offs 

it’s not over yet !!!!

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

Could we have a guest for Jonas?? I'm sure they announced Thurs evening he had a broken scaphoid:unsure: which surely means 6 weeks at least doesn't it?

On witches website today Hawkins quoted as saying Jonas injury isn’t too bad at all - whereas danyon has had surgery on his shoulder so was basing this on Jonas being good quickly - similarly if wasn’t to be his average is assessed and lends to another new swede/Dane if one could be found 

https://ipswichwitches.co/hawkins-we-need-riders-asap/