British Speedway Forum

But it's the current lemmings that go whatever the situation that are the real issue. These fans that constantly go because "that's what they do" are keeping the promoters comfortable. If they/we didn't go then maybe changes would be made. I know of a few fans that have been going for years that haven't bothered recently due to the stop start nature of the fixture list. If these no longer bother, why would new fans be attracted?  Also i know of a  few  that bought season tickets that still go just because they have paid for admission. If not they would have walked away. .... 

The sport is on its ar$e nationally and something needs over hauling. (Bspa) 

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But it's the current lemmings that go whatever the situation that are the real issue. These fans that constantly go because "that's what they do" are keeping the promoters comfortable. If they/we didn't go then maybe changes would be made. I know of a few fans that have been going for years that haven't bothered recently due to the stop start nature of the fixture list. If these no longer bother, why would new fans be attracted?  Also i know of a  few  that bought season tickets that still go just because they have paid for admission. If not they would have walked away. .... 

The sport is on its ar$e nationally and something needs over hauling. (Bspa) 

send for Chip Foose !.... why oh why is it not a cheap sport ?...  its not riders pay as mr worrall cant even afford a pair of kevlars ! ! ! 

27 minutes ago, jenga said:

support your team dude . dont drift away. i know the sport is going through a tough time at the moment, but stick with it .

up @ worky , we have only had 2 hpme league meetings . but we are sticking together . (unless they try to ban you ) LOL

the governing body of speedway needs replaced to make it a proper sport again and a good few rules that exist and the ones that dont exist need to be binned . 

the sport is so simple , it will not take more than a few pages to rewrite the so called rule book .

dont bail out , your team needs people like yourself . :t:

I'm already lost though jenga, I've turned into a part time supporter, I now pick and choose which ones I watch and where.  I now try to pick quality of quantity.

What can riders afford?

The latest whizbang engine with double overhead  flux capacitors?

The latest twin jet carb

The "right" coloured helmet, gloves, boots etc ....

The latest coloured spokes and rims to match their new bike covers..

Is any of that really necessary? 

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Some riders have the latest wizz bang engines, tuned by the best tuners, and they are not good enough to get the best out of them, only the top riders need the best stuff.

• Like 2

Luckily for speedway there are just enough lemmings at some tracks..but obviously not at all. There is an expression that you should make hay when the sun shines, unfortunately it seems not many if any have ever heard that expression.  

7 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What can riders afford?

The latest whizbang engine with double overhead  flux capacitors?

The latest twin jet carb

The "right" coloured helmet, gloves, boots etc ....

The latest coloured spokes and rims to match their new bike covers..

Is any of that really necessary? 

:rolleyes:

You know the answer to that.  The sheep mentality is alive and well.  Now I see that everyone does a practice start and then has to have their chain tension checked before actually going to the start - why, because they saw someone else do it.  The chains do stretch but they're not that bad, especially if the same one you used all season.  Does fiddling around with clutch cable adjustment at the start line make any difference - no, but riders do it because someone else did. 

One which has surprised me though is that Greg H appears to have lower seat height (like in the Eighties) and makes great starts - I'm surprised no other rider has decided to copy that.  There's even amateurs and people yet to learn to ride who get sign written vans and top kit then can't even slide.  The only way to halt this is to stop paying them/providing them with so much - four helmets, as you highlight is to me complete extravagance and shows they are paid too much.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Ive heard a rumor that Doyle wants to ride for ipswich. Based in Norwich and fed up of travelling down to Somerset, plus he's sponsored by tru plant. Make of that what you will!

8 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Ive heard a rumor that Doyle wants to ride for ipswich. Based in Norwich and fed up of travelling down to Somerset, plus he's sponsored by tru plant. Make of that what you will!

There was rumour in the previous off season that if ipswich has of gone up to the top league Doyle was gonna be our no.1 and guy nicholls (tru7 group) would’ve helped fund it to make it happen! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sprocket said:

Apparently this came from the man himself a couple of weeks ago.

Could be plans for next year already......

Note Heeps, Mountain (& Schlein ) all had good points haul at Wolves tonight...

Edited by Icicle

3 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Note Heeps, Mountain (& Schlien ) all had good points haul at Wolves tonight...

Good to see - long may it continue and for the Witches too