British Speedway Forum

That’s utterly bizarre. Don’t get that at all..

”Awaiting BSPA approval”. I hope they get it this time! As this is the second time in consecutive years Mountain has  been dropped. Can’t see him agreeing to come back again somehow. 

Getting rid of the Dane so quickly is another strange move. Not injury related, just a “victim of the numbers game”. The poor sod has only done two meetings!! From the little I saw, looked a gutsy entertaining rider.  Disappointed  

The only real plus I can see is getting an earlier than expected look at Drew Kemp in Witches Kevlars. Was always going to be a Witch despite obvious enviable glances from elsewhere, but was expecting it to be next season. Good luck Drew. 

Best of Luck to three riders released and I hope Mountain in particular, gets snapped up quickly which I’m sure he will. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

Congratulations Ipswich for making some awful changes there. 

Honestly, how meh! You could have used Kemp as your number 8 and give him some rides when old enough.

• Like 2

Presumably Garcia for Mountain releases some points? Otherwise it a a baffling change.

Curious decision to drop Jeppesen - disappointed we didn’t get to see more of him!

i can understand wanting to get Garcia in at reserve we need more points from the reserve positions - I really like Connor he’s a great kid, hard working and professional but I think he’d benefit from a different home track, Foxhall just isn’t one of his best - 7 rides 4 points on Thursday that’s just not going to get the team results! Really hope both Connor and Jeppesen get fixed up elsewhere ASAP 

great we’ll get to see drew this season tho

I guess this seems to indicate we’re relying on guests for Danny then

Yes the article states it’ll be guests for King whilst we continue to wait on his fitness. 

After a little reflection, is Garcia and Kemp a weaker pairing than Hume and Mountain? And is Mark Riss for Hartel/Jeppesen weakening the side?

All about opinions and there’s question marks there. Riss has been dropped by Edinburgh for a reason, he’s been rubbish. But, if he can recapture some form that he’s capable of, then he should in theory match those two at the very least you’d think. 

We have to be careful not to put too much pressure on Kemp, allow him to get a feel for Championship racing and enjoy himself. But there is a bigger upshot here and it’s good he’ll get a taste before next season. 

Again the reserve pairing, could at least match the scoring of Hume and Mountain, with potential to better it. 

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Presumably Garcia for Mountain releases some points? Otherwise it a a baffling change.

No - Garcia 4 Connor 3.7ish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmm

Not quite sure what to make of these changes.

Potentially even less points from reserve for probably 6 weeks anyway. Only real bonus is getting Drew Kemp on board when he hits 16.

Mark Riss was dumped by Edinburgh for a reason, let's hope he can find the form he had at Foxhall last year. 

Feel sorry for Jonas as he looked to be a real tryer. 

Also feel sorry for Connor  but he has never mastered Foxhall, always looking very uncomfortable. His liking for other tracks should see him fixed up hopefully. 

With our aspirations of silverware being pretty much over already Im just hoping to see some decent speedway between now and the end of the season. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Thats a horrific set of changes tbh

Whilst a little underwhelming (the Danny situation is more of an issue but there simply isnt anyone at that level) it is at worst like for like

Riss will be at least as productive than the Haertel/Jeppesen position even at his lower level performance and could pick up significantly

Garcia will be more consistent than Connor at home and I think its this that the promotion are concentrating on

With all due respect to Wallinger there must have been beter options. No pressure and no expectations and I hope he enjoys the experience

Im sure Connor will get fixed up and in fairness I think with a home track that isnt Foxhall he could benefit from it in the long run. He certainly leaves with the best wishes of the vast majority

Can't see wall banger getting any points,   so they must be hoping coty will score 7  or 8 at home to counter act that. And maybe they using mark cos he less likely to throw it through the fence. I do think that Jonas given a few meetings could have done okay.

Edited by Baldyman