British Speedway Forum

Just daft all round, Riss has been trading off his brothers stock his whole career, Kemp risking getting an average (although manipulation should take care of that with little to race for) but Wally-inger Wal the Funk. No talent, no show National League reject. There are plenty of NL riders that would have loved the opportunity to ride at this level and put themselves in the window, there are development league riders likewise and all are more deserving of a team spot than Wallinger begger me the person who runs the tea bar must be more deserving of a place.....

One thing is for sure, rr weakens us and Heeps really does need to step it up.

Will the presenter come back over and ask what the chap interviewed last week thinks of the changes...that could be funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

“Bringing Mark in should benefit us in the long term”

interesting comment from Hawkins. Already in for next season? Or maybe part of a bigger plan to bring brother Erik along with him next year?

What ya think Scotsman? :P

Dream on! 

He means Mark will be averaging about 8 next season. 

Super rider, great style, lovely bloke. 

Got you into the playoffs last season! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but i'm not getting it at all ...

Just  checked the calendar and it's not April 1st, but good luck with it anyway.

• Haha 2

Are Garcia and Wallinger going to score much more than Mountain and another home and away? Is Garcia that much better than Hume/ Mountain Ipswich had a team that should be able to carry those two reserves but other members let them down.Mountain has been sacrificed i know he has struggled at Foxhall but away he has been decent another average foreigner in Garcia gets a chance and Wallinger well no disrespect what more  can you say.

Edited by Sidney the robin

e management were damned if they do damned if they don’t! 

There isn’t an abundance of riders available, it’s clear with the guests available for danyon and mountain at reserve we weren’t going to get the points we needed!

while I’m not bowled over with the changes made the simple fact is riss should do as well as Jeppesen and in truth should score more, Garcia will score more than mountain home and away and when kemp gets in he should get a few points too.

for me the big pressure now is on heeps to do his job and get a minimum of 7 away from home and 9/10 at home every week - if he carries on getting 3 away from Homeetc. Then it doesn’t really matter who’s staying or coming in you can forget it!

• Like 4

Unfortunately the big winner in all of this Heeps. The run of injuries and the need to make changes as a result has only served to mask his continued failure this season. In truth he is the one who should have been replaced had the rest of this mess not occurred.

This years team was built around a strong top 5 and to an extent carry the reserves whilst they were given time to improve. Heeps poor performances has put the focus and unessessary pressure on the reserves.

No doubt he will return a score against Redcar but these aren’t the fixtures where we need him to deliver. It really is his (last) chance to deliver.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Unfortunately the big winner in all of this Heeps. The run of injuries and the need to make changes as a result has only served to mask his continued failure this season. In truth he is the one who should have been replaced had the rest of this mess not occurred.

This years team was built around a strong top 5 and to an extent carry the reserves whilst they were given time to improve. Heeps poor performances has put the focus and unessessary pressure on the reserves.

No doubt he will return a score against Redcar but these aren’t the fixtures where we need him to deliver. It really is his (last) chance to deliver.

Spot on. Heeps was brilliant last year but on his return to these shores came back considerably overweight for a rider.  He hasn’t shifted any of that excess weight since. 

Returning home from a awful performance at Peterborough we saw him At McDonald’s. Wouldn’t see many modern day riders doing that nowadays. I had hoped Jason Doyle would have given him inspiration that if you knuckle down and work hard you can reach your full potential.

seems to me he can’t be bothered. Such a waste of talent  

• Like 1

Shame  dropping Mountain...Coty & Riss not that surprising though but Wally??Hmm.

Edited by Icicle

Hope you are not pinning too much hope on Kemp when he starts. 

Huge jump to the CL from NL. As you can see from Bickley's scores this season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Hope you are not pinning too much hope on Kemp when he starts. 

Huge jump to the CL from NL. As you can see from Bickley's scores this season. 

Agree with that - I see it more as a taster to prove just that and then have a full winter to prepare as best as possible accordingly

• Like 1

Not impressed with the changes made, but time will tell if they are for the better. Just don't judge this team on the two meetings against Redcar as they aren't exactly the strongest team out there. Will be interesting to see if Garcia can get double figures at Lakeside like Connor has both times.

• Like 3