British Speedway Forum

Everyone has there fav tracks and Lakeside is Conners fav i am sure. But to have any chance in this league you need riders who can ride there home track and i am sure Conner would be the first to admit he struggles at Ipswich especially early in the meeting when there is dirt on the track.lakeside is always slick from memory right from the get go

Where to start on these moves by the Witches management?

Slightly harsh on Jeppesen but as soon as Mark Riss was released, it was expected he would end up at Foxhall. Feel for Jeppesen though, hasn't been treated well in the UK so far.

With regards to Connor Mountain, a crazy decision in my eyes. It has to be accepted that Connor hasn't done as well at Foxhall as expected this year but I would argue that the strength in depth of sides in the league is a lot stronger this year so what is truly expected of Connor at Ipswich? Should he really have been beating Rasmus Jensen last week, I'd personally say no. The fact that he has been released for Coty Garcia is laughable. No disrespect to Coty but he hasn't really achieved anything in the UK and I can't see him improving the side. Connor was doing more than enough away to warrant staying. The reason given that Connor was released due to his home form, whilst possibly fair, is a lot to do with the fact that Heeps isn't doing enough for the side. All in all, Connor has been very harshly treated at Ipswich in the last two seasons. On the flip side, hopefully a move will be the best thing for Connor and he'll improve. Would've liked to see him at Peterborough but obviously there isn't space for him there at the moment. 

The most laughable change is bringing in David Wallinger. Signing a rider and praising his attitude when he's walked out of one club this year is an interesting comment. I understand he's just in until Drew Kemp arrives but you can't possibly say there aren't a number of better two pointers in the National League that Ipswich could've used as guests. Tom Brennan was superb in the British Under 19 Final, surely he was worth a shot? Similarly, Ryan Kingsley is having a fantastic season, he is far more deserving of the opportunity than Wallinger. I'd also make a case for the likes of Nathan Stoneman and Josh Bailey (should his average fit). 

These decisions stink of the management giving up on the season and planning for next year. Care must be taken with Drew Kemp too. Whilst the hype is deserved and he is clearly a huge prospect, just looking at Kyle Bickley this season shows how difficult the step up is. Kyle should gain huge respect from the sport for his desire to keep going when times are tough but I would suggest his struggles show the difficulties of the move at first. 

• Like 6

i dont see the point of changing riders especially when one guy only had, had a couple of meetings . drew maybe a raw talent and i hope he can show a good return for his efforts . kyle @ workington is improving on a weekly bases  and you can see he is still enjoying the challenge .young uns need the chance . lets give it to them .

Edited by jenga

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

All teams need a Bickley or Kemp in their sides at no 7....

Yes, they certainly should. I hope that rule is brought back in next year.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wally-inger Wal the Funk. No talent, no show National League reject. There are plenty of NL riders that would have loved the opportunity to ride at this level and put themselves in the window, there are development league riders likewise and all are more deserving of a team spot than Wallinger begger me the person who runs the tea bar must be more deserving of a place.....

Not a big fan then, mate?

i feel saddened when any brit loses a team place,i know some people will say theyre running a business and need results,but these "so called" business men are in charge of british speedway, when are they going to try and put the great back into britain, dicarding an up and coming young brit on around 3.5 avge,and replacing him with an argentinian journeyman with around a 4.2 avge does nothing in the long run for british speedway, we should have a rule that both reserves should be brits with a combined avge of around 6.5/7 pts, that way openings would be there for our youngsters to develop and improve instead of stagnating at national league level before finally realising their ambition has been taken from them and hanging up their kevlars. these guys running our sport are the ones killing it, we need an independent governing body.

• Like 5

Allowing a GP rider into the league sums up the Championship now. It clearly has a crisis of identity as it wants to be the Premiership as well!

Oh how I do hope the whole lot is jettisoned next season for one league, as weak as that may be but will bring about some sort of credibility to the sport.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

i feel saddened when any brit loses a team place,i know some people will say theyre running a business and need results,but these "so called" business men are in charge of british speedway, when are they going to try and put the great back into britain, dicarding an up and coming young brit on around 3.5 avge,and replacing him with an argentinian journeyman with around a 4.2 avge does nothing in the long run for british speedway, we should have a rule that both reserves should be brits with a combined avge of around 6.5/7 pts, that way openings would be there for our youngsters to develop and improve instead of stagnating at national league level before finally realising their ambition has been taken from them and hanging up their kevlars. these guys running our sport are the ones killing it, we need an independent governing body.

Very disappointed Roman in Ipswich speedway, Louis and Hawkins got it wrong with there top five Connor paid the price.That top five assembled should of been able to give Connor and Danyon ( who was unlucky) time to develope the annoying thing is Garcia is not a world beater sad day hope Connor gets another club would love him to get a chance at Swindon.

Your expecting a hell of a lot from a lad whose only just an nl heatleader, No1s in the nl isnt a given to get points in this league. Im glad kemps going to get a few meetings but if gets a couple points here and there it will be a gd achievement

11 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Your expecting a hell of a lot from a lad whose only just an nl heatleader, No1s in the nl isnt a given to get points in this league. Im glad kemps going to get a few meetings but if gets a couple points here and there it will be a gd achievement

Who is expecting a hell of a lot? I’m not sure anyone is.  Pretty sure nobody is under the illusion that he’s the saviour and he’ll come in and rack up the points. 

A lot of us have seen a fair bit of him already, both at Mildenhall and at Foxhall after meetings. He’s a super talent that many of us are excited to see take his first steps in the Championship. The fact he’s a local lad and a fan of the club the same as us, makes it all the more sweeter. He’ll get huge support. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

Signing for the witches has been a disaster for many a rider in recent years (with the possible exception the Roo boy) don't know why but it's been injury after injury!

Drew Kemp does appear to be an exceptional talent, is this not a bit early & is it the right track? interesting what others think. 

1 minute ago, Ghosty said:

Signing for the witches has been a disaster for many a rider in recent years (with the possible exception the Roo boy) don't know why but it's been injury after injury!

Drew Kemp does appear to be an exceptional talent, is this not a bit early & is it the right track? interesting what others think. 

If i was Drew i would not bother this year keep his options open and next year if the league structure changes he is in a great position.I think he will do well and he loves Ipswich so fingers crossed  if he does  get a few meetings i hope he does well.

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Some riders at the same age are more ready than others. I’ve no doubt Drew will take it in his stride, and he’ll score points too. A completely natural motorcyclist who has the potential to go very very far. 

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who is expecting a hell of a lot? I’m not sure anyone is! Pretty sure nobody is under the illusion that he’s the saviour and he come in and rack up the points. 

A lot of us have seen a fair bit of him already, both at Mildenhall and at Foxhall after meetings. He’s a super talent that many of us are excited to see take his first steps in the Championship. The fact he’s a local lad and a fan of the club the same as us, makes it all the more sweeter. He’ll get huge support. 

Will he though at Ipswich do you guarantee that he has a three year saving grace time of learning his trade will he get the support like Bickley has at Worky.?