British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Will he though at Ipswich do you guarantee that he has a three year saving grace time of learning his trade will he get the support like Bickley has at Worky.?

From the fans? I’m pretty confident he will, yes. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

From the fans? I’m pretty confident he will, yes. 

Local riders over the years have been appreciated at Ipswich so yes i agree Kemp is a talent and i hope he does well for the Witches..

Great news signing Kemp hopefully the experience will hold him in good stead for a full season with the Witches next year. One question is have we seen the last of Hartel or will he be back next year? 

Simple solution... make both reserve berths only for British riders under 21 in the Championship. They stay there all year regardless of averages. If an injury occurs to a reserve like with Hume then another rider replaces them that meets the criteria. No longer would you get the likes of Garcia or Jensen being at reserve when they shouldn't be.....if they food enough then they should be in the 1-5

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spl77 said:

Great news signing Kemp hopefully the experience will hold him in good stead for a full season with the Witches next year. One question is have we seen the last of Hartel or will he be back next year? 

Hopefully we’ll see him again, and Jeppesen, in the 16 lapper possibly. 

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Will he though at Ipswich do you guarantee that he has a three year saving grace time of learning his trade will he get the support like Bickley has at Worky.?

an unequivocal YES

Id say Connor has had a fair go and I think it is with some reluctance that the decision has been made. 

The play offs this year are at best an outside chance and if we are to miss out then the next priority must be to enhance home results to maintain the home crowd

This is why Garcia is seen as a better option as Connors home average is only 2.50 (away is 4) (Danyon is the opposite - home 4.5 away 1.5) With Danyon out and only 2 point replacement possible I can understand why the balance needed to be addressed (or at least attempt to address)

Had Danyon scored just 4 more points from the 77 rides in his rolling average then Garcia could've been a direct like for like replacement - that's how tight the difference is between having to make the change this way

Connor is indeed unfortunate in many ways and I endorse that we should 'back the Brits' but that needs to be a league directive and whilst that is not the rule changes such as this have to be considered

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

One question is have we seen the last of Hartel or will he be back next year? 

I very much doubt it going on the precident set......

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The play offs this year are at best an outside chance and if we are to miss out then the next priority must be to enhance home results to maintain the home crowd

Do you really think this team will maintain the home crowd, wouldn't be surprised if the crowd was down on Thursday.

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

an unequivocal YES

Id say Connor has had a fair go and I think it is with some reluctance that the decision has been made. 

This is why Garcia is seen as a better option as Connors home average is only 2.50 (away is 4) (Danyon is the opposite - home 4.5 away 1.5) With Danyon out and only 2 point replacement possible I can understand why the balance needed to be addressed (or at least attempt to address)

Had Danyon scored just 4 more points from the 77 rides in his rolling average then Garcia could've been a direct like for like replacement - that's how tight the difference is between having to make the change this way

Connor is indeed unfortunate in many ways and I endorse that we should 'back the Brits' but that needs to be a league directive and whilst that is not the rule changes such as this have to be considered

I felt Danyon at home without his falls would be averaging 5.20/5.60 ? if he was not injured would he of still got the nod over Connor.?.The changes for me though have covered over the cracks of not getting the top five right they should of been able to carry the two Brits end of and these changes won't amount to much.

1 minute ago, Bash said:

Do you really think this team will maintain the home crowd, wouldn't be surprised if the crowd was down on Thursday.

Riss has had some reasonably impressive outings at Foxhall and Garcia looked competitive on his recent visit. Both can be entertaining.

That combination improves the chances of a home win and provides a chance of some entertainment which will be what the majority want to be persuaded to turn up the next week. 90% 0f fans don't give 2 hoots what happens away

Unless it goes Pete Tong for one of the other teams will be a struggle to make the play off, having a reserve score zero every meeting isn't the best thing

• Like 1

Think there would have been a fair amount of positivity had someone like Brennan been announced and not Harvey wallbanger.

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Unless it goes Pete Tong for one of the other teams will be a struggle to make the play off, having a reserve score zero every meeting isn't the best thing

Brennan, Stoneman, Bailey, ???? Wallinger is baffling six meetings.

Good luck to Mark, I really hope this move kickstarts a return to form. Mark is a much better rider than he has been this year so far and a quiet, very nice guy

• Like 1