British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

Surely somebody must know something about the DK situation at Ipswich!!!!!!

Article is SS says nerve damage,return "on hold" but admitting this season " unlikely .

Having had a good friend who suffered nerve damage playing rugby a few years back I’d be amazed to see Danny back this season - he regained full strength in time but time was the key! I guess we’ll just have to hope a suitibale replacement can be found before the cut off really don’t want to going r/r in playoffs should we reach them

And if we don't reach them I hope we sign maybe an untried 7 pointer in view of next season. Get one in and let them get a proper average. 

That's what I would do anyway, after explaining that to the supporters.

Edited by Baldyman

Thought i better post on here as im getting told i should stay off the Poole threads lol.

I actually started the Ipswich thread and through self imposed exile and a ban ive not been here much and when i have the Witches have hardly raced.

Just in case people were wondering been going Ipswich since 1984 (Ipswich Thursday, Hackney Friday, Arena Saturday, Rye House Sunday) in the good old days so never really had a team as such just used to like certain riders. we then used to follow Mark Loram to the point where we sponsored him so back in 1989 we used to go everywhere with the witches, northern tour, coventry for the NLRC gogd times.

Since then and with costs rising i pretty much chose Ipswich and would go every Thursday from 1989 up to probably 2000-2001. Family and work then stopped my visits as much as i wanted and these days i go 4 or 5 times a season and im hopeful of being there this Thursday

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Having had a good friend who suffered nerve damage playing rugby a few years back I’d be amazed to see Danny back this season - he regained full strength in time but time was the key! I guess we’ll just have to hope a suitibale replacement can be found before the cut off really don’t want to going r/r in playoffs should we reach them

Tbh, who can we get as a suitable replacement?? Josh g is polish so can't ride championship, Sam master's average too high, shouldn't think Rohan would return, other riders of similar ilk, too busy i should think. I'm sure cl and Ritchie are trying but so many injuries this year are making any available riders good or bad being snapped up to highest bidder. Think we can keep using guests for Danny as he's in top 3. Not ideal but better than Sedgy again.

So once we don't have any chance of play offs, which could be after Thursday if that goes wrong, then isn't it worth looking at someone for next year?

I would at least hope the 16 lapper is full of fresh talent, instead of the likes of Doolan and co

If we don't make the play offs, our season is over end of August, can you see them running the 16 lapper in October:unsure:, no riders would do the 16 lapper until the end of their season surely???

You beat me to it Badge, no one is going to ride in it while the playoffs are in full swing.

Surely new talent from abroad would, if they want to race here that is. Maybe I'm wrong..  Maybe I expect to much.

Edited by Baldyman

I still think Bellego would be worth a go to be honest but yes appreciate really not a lot of options out there! 

Any Premiership rider brought in has to British upto 6.84 (converted 8.90 available) or average under 6 if not British (7.8 converted)

I dont think there are any British riders left that fit the criteria and any non Brit is giving up at least a point from the team building total

Guests and even r/r seems better on the face of it unless theres something small and fluffy lurking in someones headgear......

27 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I still think Bellego would be worth a go to be honest but yes appreciate really not a lot of options out there! 

Swindon / Thursdays ??