British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Im gutted I will miss Drew's debut

Hope its on despite not being able to be there - cant afford any more rains offs before the cut off

Isn’t it crazy how we are praying for good weather to get our fixtures in after the glorious summer we have had with no meetings :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Isn’t it crazy how we are praying for good weather to get our fixtures in after the glorious summer we have had with no meetings :rolleyes:

Some would say crazy, some would say, that's speedway for you.

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

It is to an extent in general although Ipswich's plan to have 5 meetings through the school holidays with 1 reserved date seemed the right call to me (1 was a rearrangement anyway)

Dont think you wouldve reasonably expected 2 consecutive call offs in August (and hopefully wont be anyway)

• Like 2

If they managed it before transfer cut off, Ipswich could get Lasse Bjerre in place of Danny King! 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If they managed it before transfer cut off, Ipswich could get Lasse Bjerre in place of Danny King! 

Why?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Why?

Maybe Scotty is not available on one Thursday  :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Phew too late, think last time lasse was a witch he was at his peak.

8 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Maybe Scotty is not available on one Thursday  :D

:rolleyes::P

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

No thanks, not even in the same class. Surprised it's taken this long to be dropped.

Edited by Bash

10 hours ago, Bash said:

No thanks, not even in the same class. Surprised it's taken this long to be dropped.

He hasn't had a bad season, still averaging over 8 and is due to increase .

Not much use at Foxhall, but if we still had all the big tracks to go to, could have been worth a go. 

21 hours ago, Siggytastic said:

Why?

Don't you prefer your own riders to guests then? So many people complain about the usage of guests (doesn't bother me), I figured clubs & fans would want their own riders! 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't you prefer your own riders to guests then? So many people complain about the usage of guests (doesn't bother me), I figured clubs & fans would want their own riders! 

I would certainly prefer our own riders as a fully fit Danny King around Foxhall is very difficult to beat and always good for double figure scores. 

Finding somebody available to sign who could do the same job was always going to be difficult ! 

So guests or RR it is then. 

Wonder if those in charge have given a thought to bringing in a rider like Berntzon to replace Danny. 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, Siggytastic said:

Do anybody know What the Glasgow fan who was asked about the upcoming season has against The Witches to predict us finishing 9th in this weeks very good Speedway Star. But he also has Peterborough finishing 2nd ahead of Glasgow.

I posted this back in April :icon_smile_clown:.  Perhaps the fan knows more than I gave him credit for!!

• Haha 1