British Speedway Forum

Should it be necessary to abandon the main Meeting before the 8th Heat, re-admission tickets valid for the re-staging of today’s fixture or any Meeting (excluding a BSPA Shared Event) at this Track within 1 (one) month will be issued to all persons who have paid for admission.

No different to the bit above that wasn't honoured....:(

I saw that the other day under the club's own terms and conditions...so they went against their own terms and conditions.   Don't know how that would stand up if someone wanted to take it further.  

Think you may have an old cached link to the website if those details are showing

Website now shows policy in line with standard BSPA terms

Edit

I see now that under the terms and conditions that the old policy quoted by beerhut still appears

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think you may have an old cached link to the website if those details are showing

Website now shows policy in line with standard BSPA terms

Look under the terms and conditions bit..the important bit.

Wonder what the refund will be...?

Is there a BSPA directive to cover that? 

Cash refund or voucher for money off next years? 

Having spoken to a couple of fans with a season ticket they say they will not renew next year.... not worth it. 

Does seem a strange one especially as there is no stipulation of the standard of the 16 lapper? Could have been run at NL standard for much cheaper payouts an i suspect there would have been 16 amateurs that would have done it for free (or at least supplied tyre and a bit of prize money for the finalists)

Always thought that this wouldn't go ahead as it would be almost 4 weeks from the last meeting staged and people probably wouldn't go. You only need 12 riders for this meeting so an ideal time to bring some new riders in to have a look at them as there would be only 3 Ipswich riders available, Coty, Nico & Cam as I wouldn't think they would risk Drew in this meeting.

I find it strange that the press release it moaning at the lack of meetings but they are the ones cancelling 1....

Seems all too much of an effort... it's their ball and they have taken it home.

Disappointing but with the general apathy it is not surprising. However they could have filled the gaps in the calendar with NL riders for individual meetings or a local 3TT using NL riders representing KL, IP and Mildenhall or perhaps have a final meeting that was a mixed race night with speedway, short track and sidecars. I guess that the promotion simply cannot be bothered to make the effort and similarly, riders cannot be bothered to turn out. I still wonder why did they not enter a team in the NL trophy as did Cradley Heath given that they would have known at the back end of last year how few home meetings they would be running. Perhaps even CL has given up on it now. Whatever the real reason it demonstrates scant regard for the supporters. How many will bother buying season tickets next year?

• Like 2

Season ticket was £200 that was for 14 meetings. That's £14.29 a meeting. A saving of only 10%. So a refund should be for the £14.29... or actually £14.23 As £14.29 x 13 would leave £14.23 to round upto £200.

However an early bird got £10 discount ..meaning a meeting was £13.57. 

So what will the refund be.... if cash? 

The bigger question should be....Does anyone really care? I don't think anyone buys a season ticket cos of the savings...more ease of use and they know they will be going to every meeting no matter what. 

Oh the days of 25 to 30 meetings a season at Foxhall! Most of them meaningful with the 16 Lapper star of anglia and Billy sanders memorial added in.