British Speedway Forum

Haertel will need time to settle in. So Heeps needs to ride consistently good away from home.

Cams last away matches with the last match away at Peterborough. He rode at Peterborough, Sheffield (twice), Workington, and Scunthorpe as a heat leader so im more than happy that from a second string berth , Heeps will do just fine

12 @ Peterborough

8+1 @ Sheffield

6+1 @ Sheffield

8+2 @ Workington

13 @ Scunthorpe

3 @ Newcastle

6+2 @ Berwick

• Like 3

Cams last away matches with the last match away at Peterborough. He rode at Peterborough, Sheffield (twice), Workington, and Scunthorpe as a heat leader so im more than happy that from a second string berth , Heeps will do just fine

12 @ Peterborough

8+1 @ Sheffield

6+1 @ Sheffield

8+2 @ Workington

13 @ Scunthorpe

3 @ Newcastle

6+2 @ Berwick

Heeps was quite superb that day at Scunny,

Id have like him at Scunny

Heeps was quite superb that day at Scunny,

Id have like him at Scunny

That's when a good manager comes in to play in moving your team around. Having Heeps at 2 when King was on form, you might get lower points from him whereas if he rides at 3 or 4, his team mate is generally on a par so can then bag the big points when on form.

A very good side i think Heeps for me is the key at times last year he really impressed me just needs that bit more consistency.Both the reserves are promising,Hume really has ability and is decent at home Mountain improved as the season went along and the German also has a good reputation this side will be mighty hard to beat at home i recon.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Nice words from from Chris in Radio Suffolk interview that has just aired praising the contribution and attitude of Nathan and Kyle (quite rightly)

• Like 1

Being able to track almost the same team year on year is the best policy where possible.

Yes you need a fresh face or two from time to time but loyalty and continuity much preferred in my book.

That said anyone that wants to stay needs to make sure they dont win The Massif Trophy -

2016 Kevin Long

2017 Nathan Greaves

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Confused 1

Whats everyones thoughts on pairings?

Who goes at 2 and who gies at 5?

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Whats everyones thoughts on pairings?

Who goes at 2 and who gies at 5?

Traditionally as we all know you usually go with the “weakest” rider at 2 and as Hartel is new to the league and an unknown quantity, think we’ll start off with him at 2. 

Rory at 5 and Heeps and Covatti in the engine room. 

29 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Traditionally as we all know you usually go with the “weakest” rider at 2 and as Hartel is new to the league and an unknown quantity, think we’ll start off with him at 2. 

Rory at 5 and Heeps and Covatti in the engine room. 

Agree with this being most likely, another thought tho could be to place rory at 3 with haertel at 4, rory is the best team ride in the team and then have Cameron/nico at 2/5 either way round...

With a team being able to use tactical in heat 14 then surely we want a strong number 4 home and away? So I would have Covatti at 4 and heeps at 3.  The opposition may have their number 1 in heats 13 14 and 15.   

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

With a team being able to use tactical in heat 14 then surely we want a strong number 4 home and away? So I would have Covatti at 4 and heeps at 3.  The opposition may have their number 1 in heats 13 14 and 15.   

Agree with that, heat 14 becomes even more crucial with the new tactical ruling...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Agree with that baldy, my only reasoning was to have rory with haertel, riding at 2 with king will mean he’s left to his own devices, king don’t look for a partner very often, he’s head down and go as fast I can. Maybe rory will be at no. 1 after the first averages anyways ya never know!!