British Speedway Forum

Today at Armstrong's meeting he was saying that riders don't get any track time... yet for the last 2 weeks there has been over 90mins of track time available and only 1 rider took advantage....

39 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Today at Armstrong's meeting he was saying that riders don't get any track time... yet for the last 2 weeks there has been over 90mins of track time available and only 1 rider took advantage....

Perhaps they should create track time by using some of the blank Thursdays marked as Reserved. How about an East of England Championship with riders invited from Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Rye House, Mildenhall, Ipswich and Lakeside. Hold several rounds and a grand final in September. Just a thought but the season as it stands could be over very early for Ipswich if they don’t start winning league and cup matches which does not look likely based on the performances to date. Let’s hope they turn things around soon.

27 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Perhaps they should create track time by using some of the blank Thursdays marked as Reserved. How about an East of England Championship with riders invited from Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Rye House, Mildenhall, Ipswich and Lakeside. Hold several rounds and a grand final in September. Just a thought but the season as it stands could be over very early for Ipswich if they don’t start winning league and cup matches which does not look likely based on the performances to date. Let’s hope they turn things around soon.

There is plenty of track time after meeting

15 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

There is plenty of track time after meeting

Agree but they probably don’t get paid for that and god forbid that they do something for nothing in order to improve their performance.

It just seems that they don’t give a damn about the fans nor do they  realise what a poor state the sport is in. They turn up do the four or five rides and leave. It is what it is, but they don’t realise that fans of the sport have options including more speedway on TV.

If the riders cannot be bothered why should the supporters part with cash. Let’s hope the riders take a good look at what they have, because when it’s gone that will be it and they will only have themselves to blame.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Agree but they probably don’t get paid for that and god forbid that they do something for nothing in order to improve their performance.

It just seems that they don’t give a damn about the fans nor do they  realise what a poor state the sport is in. They turn up do the four or five rides and leave. It is what it is, but they don’t realise that fans of the sport have options including more speedway on TV.

If the riders cannot be bothered why should the supporters part with cash. Let’s hope the riders take a good look at what they have, because when it’s gone that will be it and they will only have themselves to blame.

Totally agree, I have a vested interest in my club that I want it to win things, the riders just want money, but I know if I owned the team or was manager I would insist they practiced after the meetings to show the fans that they do care about my club, or they would be looking for employment somewhere else.  I have already decided I won't be going next week, until they put the effort in, I certainly won't be puttmg any effort in.  luckily for me, I'm not the typical speedway fan that will just keep turning up whatever.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

If you ran a caption comp for that Nico pic Im not sure many would be printable!!

• Like 1

Have not seen any comments on how Wayne Bavin is doing so far and if the new sound system is any good. Any comments out there?

The sound system has had some teething problems with complete failure for a number of heats on opening night and some intermitent volume levels at other times so far.

It is a significant improvement and seemed almost there on Thursday.

Well done to the club for taking the action they have.

Wayne has been confident, enthusiastic and engaging. Any errors have been minor and few. You can tell such a task is his profession.

Well done Wayne for a really good start in the role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The sound system has had some teething problems with complete failure for a number of heats on opening night and some intermitent volume levels at other times so far.

It is a significant improvement and seemed almost there on Thursday.

Well done to the club for taking the action they have.

Wayne has been confident, enthusiastic and engaging. Any errors have been minor and few. You can tell such a task is his profession.

Well done Wayne for a really good start in the role.

Fair assessment bruv. As you say Wayne is a professional, has a bit to learn about speedway, the riders names etc., but I like that he's enthusiastic and is engaging the crowd already. I know a few are complaining, but you can't please everybody.