British Speedway Forum

Heeps, covatti, Schlein, greaves and Hume whatever league were in and then depending on what league and whats left!

Obviously Danny will always be back while he wants to be and Hawkins is there but for me hes one line on outside doesnt look for a teammate to team ride and let us down in playoffs time for a change at the top end imo!

Newman for me hasnt pushed on as I think hes capable of doing, I know hes been hampered by injury but I think he overturns the bike too much at Foxhall rather than allow the bike to run into the corner more - this caused the crash in the final while leading and not the first time this season.

Thinking about the current championship level riders Ive seen this year Id like to see in a witches jacket

Campton - good middle order man

Either of the Riss brothers - particularly Erik

Proctor- good third heatleader

Nicholls - still proved himself to be pretty good around foxhall

Masters - always good at Foxhall.

If we step up and a fixed race night is set Id like to think some of the riders outside of the gp may be persuaded to return to the uk so Id like to see us try bring someone like Linus sundstrom back for example

which ever league we are in, we should build around Cameron Heeps. he has been superb this season, and he will only improve

Edited by keithyopian
  • Like 2

which ever league we are in, we should build around Cameron Heeps. he has been superb this season, and he will only improve

Totally agree, its a bold claim but I genuinely believe cam can go as far as he wants in the sport, how far he gets will be dictated by his dedication to all aspects of being a speedway rider - this year hes upped his game on and off the track and come on leaps and bounds - for me could be a gp rider in the future just depends how bad he wants it in the next few years

A GP rider.

Really?

He's taken 7 years to get to this stage.

I'm not knocking him and he'll do fine for Monarchs next season.

If you said the same about Doyle 7 years into his career you'd laugh it off, I personally think cam will have a better career than holder jnr but doors don't open as easily

Cam can only even have a chance to make the GP by entering the main Aussie Champs.

For a rider from WA this is a huge additional expense. So far he has prioritised his finances preparing for the next British season.

He is now really back to where he was after season 3. To a great extent it has then been the serious wrist injuries that has held him back rather than racing talent. A more disciplined approach to machinery maintenance has no doubt also helped.

• Like 1

A more disciplined approach to machinery maintenance has no doubt also helped.

Can he change his own countershaft bearings? 😉

• Like 1

Can he change his own countershaft bearings? 😉

much better than some with many years experience 😀

A GP rider.

Really?

He's taken 7 years to get to this stage.

I'm not knocking him and he'll do fine for Monarchs next season.

Hes taken his second chance at Ipswich this year, off the track better dedication in the workshop and the gym have made a huge difference and the proof is in the pudding, one of the most improved riders in the championship, earnt himself a spot at Somerset and generally performed very well, why cant he improve year on year and reach the upper echelons of the sport?

Injuries and work ethic off the track have hampered his progress in recent years but this year has proven theres talent and track craft in abundance.

• Like 1

A more disciplined approach to machinery maintenance has no doubt also helped.

Forgetting that little misdemeanour of the elusive dirt defector earlier this season at the Showground ;)

• Like 1

Even the ref didn't see that one

He didnt see the track staff with shovels working on 20m of track whenever Boro were on gate 4 either so no surprise really....
  • Like 1