Gr8scot

Peterborough V Edinburgh

What's the weather like, we're on our way

Thanks for that (I think) ..... on our way home again then ☹️

• Like 1

Rained over night and raining now and also raining later sadly

All part of being a speedway fan I suppose

Rained over night and raining now and also raining later sadly

So Peterborough have called off a meeting in advance, partially due to the forecast? No complaints from me, but there's a certain irony, given the comments of one or two of Panthers' fans elsewhere.

The early call-off is just as well today. With both teams well below strength, due to Polish commitments of Jack Holder and Erik Riss, it would have been something of a farce.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

The majority of meetings at this time of the season are . On Friday Glasgow take on Newcastle in the KO Cup , already decimated by injury we now have to go into this meeting without Richard Lawson who is riding for Somerset . Richard is our asset , but still has to ride for the Rebels because their rearranged fixture was rearranged first .

Here is the perfect example of how doubling up is ruining team speedway . We couldn't use Bewley last week presumably because Belle Vue didn't want him riding for us before their play off semi , now we cant use Richard in a cup quarter final . How many times must Championship teams roll over and get their tummy tickled by the big leagues ?

This nonsense could be the stick that finally breaks the camel's back .

Yeah, it's got ridiculous.

As much as I'd like them to scrap doubling up completely, I think it needs to be gradually phased out.

The temporary solution is Monday and Thursday for the top league, and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for our league. And no-one riding in our league is allowed to sign for a Polish side - that needs to be in the contract.

Plus you have to be out injured for a week. You can't ride one night, be injured the next, and miraculously recover the night after.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 5

Yeah, it's got ridiculous.

As much as I'd like them to scrap doubling up completely, I think it needs to be gradually phased out.

The temporary solution is Monday and Thursday for the top league, and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for our league. And no-one riding in our league is allowed to sign for a Polish side - that needs to be in the contract.

All the best

Rob

The set race nights is the only way the current doubling up scenario can be accommodated , so I think that's pretty much a done deal for the promoters conference . You would upset too many riders if the doubling up monster was now reined in .

But I agree with your point about championship riders signing for Polish clubs . The second tier being affected by that has to stop , I know that only really involves Robert Lambert and Jack Holder at the moment , but like doubling up these things can quickly spiral out of control .

• Like 1

The set race nights is the only way the current doubling up scenario can be accommodated , so I think that's pretty much a done deal for the promoters conference . You would upset too many riders if the doubling up monster was now reined in .

But I agree with your point about championship riders signing for Polish clubs . The second tier being affected by that has to stop , I know that only really involves Robert Lambert and Jack Holder at the moment , but like doubling up these things can quickly spiral out of control .

Yes, again it's the tip of the iceberg. It needs to be strangled at birth, before it becomes a regular thing.

As for the doubling-up monster, we are stuck with it, although it could be reigned in and then restricted to riders with an ACU license only.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Sam Masters has ridden in Poland a fair amount this season.

And Sweden/Denmark and nigh on everywhere else that does speedway.

I think he was reckoning on over 140 meetings this season but for his injury.

Don't think he missed any Monarchs meetings apart from injury.

(Unless there were GP Qualifiers/World Cup meetings which I can't remember clashing with Monarchs fixtures but haven't checked.)

Not just Holder and Lambert unfortunately which if the rumours are right is going to disappoint a few next weekend.

Nick Morris & Josh Grajczonek - Rzestow

Steve & Richie Worrall - Rawicz

I also heard Jake Allen got a few rides over there but not sure for who

Edited by bigcatdiary

Not just Holder and Lambert unfortunately which if the rumours are right is going to disappoint a few next weekend.

Nick Morris & Josh Grajczonek - Rzestow

Steve & Richie Worrall - Rawicz

I also heard Jake Allen got a few rides over there but not sure for who

Allen was Rzeszow as well

Erik Riss was also included for Rzeszow today.

TBH I doubt if he will be top of their wanted list for 2018 after a terrible display.

e/f? in 1st race when last, exc for tape touching in 2nd, and then rightly thrown out of his 3rd for delaying the start through a mixture of gardening & generally faffing about (tbh I'm surprised he gets away with his start antics in the UK), and understandably substituted for his final race.

A long drawn out meeting with mainly processional racing, with the homesters well & truly pumped by Lublin.

The majority of meetings at this time of the season are . On Friday Glasgow take on Newcastle in the KO Cup , already decimated by injury we now have to go into this meeting without Richard Lawson who is riding for Somerset . Richard is our asset , but still has to ride for the Rebels because their rearranged fixture was rearranged first .

Here is the perfect example of how doubling up is ruining team speedway . We couldn't use Bewley last week presumably because Belle Vue didn't want him riding for us before their play off semi , now we cant use Richard in a cup quarter final . How many times must Championship teams roll over and get their tummy tickled by the big leagues ?

This nonsense could be the stick that finally breaks the camel's back .

And now Belle Vue are trying to steal Bewley and Smith away from you on Friday to ride for the Colts:

https://twitter.com/TheAces/status/914815887764533249?s=04

Glasgow have priority on their services.

All the best

Rob