British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Is there a viable alternative to amalgamation?

With Sheffield, Ipswich and Glasgow interested in going up

...and doubts about Edinburgh, Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Newcastle and Workington for various reasons..

that leaves Berwick and Redcar in the second tier!

Don't think any Glasgow fan wants us to go up but if we do it will be because as you say there might not be many teams left to form a decent championship. Classic case of 'top' division manipulating things for there benefit 😠

• Like 2

The mooted pirate league sounds fascinating and i knew nothing about it (why would i) but i would love to hear more if possible

I do not know the problem to solve it but how about 42 points and no rider above 8 points allowed in the league regardless unless they up there average in the season.You must also have 2 or 3 point riders at no 6&7 no higher unless they upped there average in that season.You could basically have four 8 point riders one six pointer and two 2 pointers or similar versions.This is just my thought but it is what riders are available and viable.

League meetings held only between April and August. Any team that fails to complete its fixtures by the end of August loses two league points for each meeting not completed by the cut off date. Play offs first two weeks in September. Pre April and post September the British Invidual championship with at least one meeting held at every track. Grand final at the end of September. Then knock out cup or World Cup style meetings on a knock out basis. Three teams progress To the next round then the top two and then the final. Might want some work but it should guarantee regularly weekly speedway during the summer months for most teams. Oh a no excuses re rain offs etc in the league. Use the off race night or lose the league points. Bring back some discipline to running fixtures and stick to it no is or buts.

• Like 1

Rounding up or down averages would be a good idea if averages are kept for team building shame for someone to miss out because they are 0.17 over

7.43 is rounded to 7.5

8.17 to 8 and so on

Reduced fixtures - could be bigger crowds? Less running costs.

Wrap it up by end of Sept.

I agree about fixture discipline ... even to the point of if it's rained off twice ... then dish out the points 3 home and 1 away point

No double ups or downs (and deffo no riders in 3 leagues)

Tape break - 2 mins warning straight on

Tractors after heat 4,8,12 that's it ...

KOC draw over both legs ... then most heat winners decides it, followed by most 5-1s, failing that race by race until a heat advantage gained (manager nominates race by race and no riders ride more than once)

No more mug shots of Phil Morris running GPs HA HA HA HA

• Like 1

I would also change that it is not mandatory for all Aussies to say "yeah for sure" any more than 10 times in one interview.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Reduced fixtures - could be bigger crowds? Less running costs.

Wrap it up by end of Sept.

I agree about fixture discipline ... even to the point of if it's rained off twice ... then dish out the points 3 home and 1 away point

No double ups or downs (and deffo no riders in 3 leagues)

Tape break - 2 mins warning straight on

Tractors after heat 4,8,12 that's it ...

KOC draw over both legs ... then most heat winners decides it, followed by most 5-1s, failing that race by race until a heat advantage gained (manager nominates race by race and no riders ride more than once)

No more mug shots of Phil Morris running GPs HA HA HA HA

So the best team in the league are due to visit your track and they always win at your track, call it off twice and get 3 points lol.

So the best team in the league are due to visit your track and they always win at your track, call it off twice and get 3 points lol.

Yeah and lose revenue as a result lol

After last night when Ty Proctor was excluded for going on the centre green near the tapes I think this rule should be reversed but only a small area available to use. We lost about 10 minutes yesterday because of it because Ty went up to the referees box and then went off 15 metres.

After last night when Ty Proctor was excluded for going on the centre green near the tapes I think this rule should be reversed but only a small area available to use. We lost about 10 minutes yesterday because of it because Ty went up to the referees box and then went off 15 metres.

Or riders could stop being idiots and going over the centre green.

Time to get to the tapes isnt an issue as they only have to be on track and be heading to towards the tapes to beat the '2mins'

There is no need for even a small area.

A crack down on rider power needed... Riders who think they are bigger than the sport. "It's too wet, we can't possibly ride that" "five rider races, can't do that it too dangerous" (yet they'd do the Ipswich 16 lapper with how many riders?)

Riders, team managers/promoters all to keen to abandon a meeting cos they're losing.. A bit of rain is just an excuse.

There's also the 'let's get 10 heats completed and that'll do' mentality creeping in to the sport. It's the spectators that lose out...no wonder they're leaving the sport in droves.

Give more power to the referee...if riders refuse to ride then hit them with a fine.

I think the powers that be will resolve the issues with race nights and double up riders.. So that should be a positive.

Get rid of the double points rule.. and sort the starts out, exclude riders for touching tapes, if a rider jumps or anticipates the start, let it go.

• Like 5

The Scunthorpe Workington meeting has definately had an affect on me, the work put in made that track race able but most riders couldn't be bothered well neither can I now. If we lose a few teams next year maybe the riders who think there better than they really are will find it difficult to get a team place. My heart bleeds for them!!!! Time to get a proper job maybe or ride amateur which surely is what speedway is now over here

• Like 2