British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Every team to have a R/R from the start of the season to make sure enough riders to around. No point in waiting start as they mean to go on. Ten Heat meetings with five bonus races to follow when the points are 4,3,2,1. No jokers apart from the referee. It could work, one never knows ✌️✌️

Instead of each team declaring a 1-7, why not just get all available riders for the season and put them into three pools, one for heat leaders, one for second strings and one for reserves. Then for each match, each promoter can select the riders he wants (three heat leaders, two second strings and two reserves) to compete in each fixture.

Oh, hang on... That's what happens now....

• Like 1

i would like ALL fans to stick with their own threads on forums , unless your team is involved in the thread .

• Like 1

i would like ALL fans to stick with their own threads on forums , unless your team is involved in the thread .

What happens if their own team isn't involved.... but one of their riders is a guest. Does that count. :D

• Like 2

Having just watched another guess who's in the race meeting with Panthers and Edinburgh both running R/R, I'd make a new rule when no riders are allowed on track until the full and correct line up of the heat has been annouced over the PA to the crowd.

• Like 3

Having just watched another guess who's in the race meeting with Panthers and Edinburgh both running R/R, I'd make a new rule when no riders are allowed on track until the full and correct line up of the heat has been annouced over the PA to the crowd.

Hallelujah to that.

And even more so in these days of the stupid race suits where riders are all clones of each other and the rider numbers on their backs are tiny.

Does require a decent pa system which reaches all parts though.

Hallelujah to that.

And even more so in these days of the stupid race suits where riders are all clones of each other and the rider numbers on their backs are tiny.

Does require a decent pa system which reaches all parts though.

Absolutely agree 100% .. I detest race suits.

Absolutely agree 100% .. I detest race suits.

Can just see Man Utd, centre half in GREEN, Winger in RED, a back in PURPLE etc etc., just so the fan can recognise the rider without looking at the No on his back. A team look is about being professional, and looking part of a team. Alright in an idividual meeting but not in a ream event.

Can just see Man Utd, centre half in GREEN, Winger in RED, a back in PURPLE etc etc., just so the fan can recognise the rider without looking at the No on his back. A team look is about being professional, and looking part of a team. Alright in an idividual meeting but not in a ream event.

I agree, a team should look the same and not look like individuals, every other sport have matching gear for teams even MotoGP teams have the same suits and even same bikes, it looks more professional and you should be able to tell the rider from his bike and/or his helmet colour

After going without in 2014 and looking like a ragbag outfit of individuals, it's team suits everytime for me.

so when you lot were kids playing football on the grass field , did you have team kits at the age of 10 upwards ?

you knew who the opposition were even if your team mate changed on a daily bases .

with speedway , you are only looking out for 2 opposing riders/players in a race .

SO NO TEAM SUITS FOR ME . i like the individual riders kits far more entertaining .

it was only done for sky and where are they now ?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

This was a real team, all local lads apart from an adopted young Aussie. All easily recognized on track by their suits, all very professional and very successful. Btw, you may have noticed that speedway riders wear helmets, footballers don't ...

image.jpg

• Like 2

This was a real team, all local lads apart from an adopted young Aussie. All easily recognized on track by their suits, all very professional and very successful. Btw, you may have noticed that speedway riders wear helmets, footballers don't ...

image.jpg

MotoGP riders wear helmets too, as do BSB riders, still people know who is who, if you are part of a team you should have to wear the teams colours, it just sounds like people moaning for the sake of moaning about stupid things once again when there are bigger things in the sport that need changing team suits look more professional whether you like them or not, me personally never struggle to pick out who is who, why dont we talk about the doyles running the sport and the stupid rules that are actually ruining the sport and stop talking about pointless stuff like teamsuits/mechanics on track and gardening

image.jpg

Wish dad picked a colour other than red 😂😂

• Like 2

image.jpg

Looks a complete mess to be honest.

Team suits for me.