British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Can someone put names to faces please, I do know them but my memory's that bad I can't remember what I had for t tonight

Your cosmetic outlook on things is your entitled opinion of course, however Speedway was booming back in those days. The only mess i see these days is the state of British Speedway.

Whether Speedway was booming back then or not is totally irrelevant to what was being discussed. Edited by Arch Stanton

Can just see Man Utd, centre half in GREEN, Winger in RED, a back in PURPLE etc etc., just so the fan can recognise the rider without looking at the No on his back. A team look is about being professional, and looking part of a team. Alright in an idividual meeting but not in a ream event.

Bibs are to make the team look like a team.

• Like 1

Can someone put names to faces please, I do know them but my memory's that bad I can't remember what I had for t tonight

John Berry (PROM), Mike Lanham, Tony Davey, Billy Sanders, Kevin Jolly, John Louis, Dave Gooderham, Ron Bagley

(Kneeling) Ted Howgego, Andy Hines, Colin Cook.

• Like 1

Bibs are to make the team look like a team.

With the amount of guests being used, you only need a club shirt over the kevlars. NO to team suits. There is the matter of numerous changes to the team over the season.

Why is it irrelevant ? Does everyone have to stick to your narrow agenda on a PUBLIC FORUM :icon_smile_clown:

WHAT ! A PUBLIC FORUM ?

how long as it been public . i was told if you didnt have a team or a team member onthe thread . YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED TO POST AN OPINION .

so double standards by peterborough fans/posters .

John Berry (PROM), Mike Lanham, Tony Davey, Billy Sanders, Kevin Jolly, John Louis, Dave Gooderham, Ron Bagley

(Kneeling) Ted Howgego, Andy Hines, Colin Cook.

Isn't it Mick Hines??? Andy was about 10 years later

Oh and team suits all the way for me. Its meant to be a team sport, dress as a team.

Edited by baldyman

Isn't it Mick Hines??? Andy was about 10 years later

Oh and team suits all the way for me. Its meant to be a team sport, dress as a team.

No, that's Andy in 1976...

Why is it irrelevant ? Does everyone have to stick to your narrow agenda on a PUBLIC FORUM :icon_smile_clown:

Christ almighty! Time of the month dear?

Of course its irrelevant unless youre trying to say that wearing individual leathers was a factor in Speedway booming in those days ?

By the way havent you got some ironing to be getting on with?

No, that's Andy in 1976...

Yep definitely Andy. Edited by Arch Stanton

Oh okay, I thought Andy wasn't until the 80's Made my first visit to foxhall in 76, so that team would have been the first I ever saw.

You asked for that Crumpet tbh. Your dig was totally unnecessary.

I'm not sure those sort of sexist remarks are acceptable or justifiable in this day and age tbh...

• Like 1

So you can build a team to the average of the Championship winning teams' final averages so that they don't have to disband and have a chance to defend their title!

• Like 1

So you can build a team to the average of the Championship winning teams' final averages so that they don't have to disband and have a chance to defend their title!

See what you mean and does sound like a good idea. But on the down side chances are the league would be strengthened year on year and maybe not sustainable?

At the same time part of me says lets go for it and find out!! :P

• Like 1