British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Speedway next year will attract a whole new audience because promoters will spend more time and money advertising it.....

That is what I would like to see.

They are all on Twitter and Facebook and believe that millions of new would be supporters will turn up - out of the blue. Definitely believe in fairies! The Chairman of the BSPA did a live-ish Facebook appearance a few months back and people poured into his track, ( the toilet was packed one week )so it must work and be the "on the cheap"new miracle marketing tool.

Edited by waytogo28

Speedway needs the promoters to work together for once - instead of the constant fighting and self-interest

in the top flight we have Birmingham Eastbourne and lakeside plummet into the nl and Coventry go defunct in the last few years ............ when are they going to wake up

we are down to 18 'professional' clubs of which Workington, Newcastle and Peterboro face uncertain futures ...... and are there others ?

we seem to say it every winter .............. but this could be the most important winter ever for british speedway..... but I actually think its true

certainly if Workington and Newcastle go .... I think they are gone for forever

if the promoters get this wrong - I think we could be down to 10 teams in 5 years .....

• Like 3

• For me it would be limit the number of times RR can be used per season (2 x home 2 x away?) and then have to track NL rider (either at RR position or at reserve and move reserve up to RR position). That would make teams think a little more before signing doubling up riders.

Doubling up only no trebling.

All teams to run some form of development league second half side (doesn't have to be every week) to give extra track time to developing riders.

All brits get 1 point average reduction at end of season to make them more appealing to sign the following year.

Run league meetings at the beginning of the season with cut off at June/July? any team who has not completed all home fixtures cannot enter the KOC etc

Ban tyre warming at the starts like the have in the GP's

2 minutes to be ready to come under starters orders, riders holding back, fiddling with fuel taps & clutch cables for the 16th time etc go off 15 meters

• Like 1

Riders to remain in the pits until the 2 minute warning comes on, that will limit gardening and faffing about.

• Like 2

Riders to remain in the pits until the 2 minute warning comes on, that will limit gardening and faffing about.

Agree and to add to this, once the gates are closed the mechanics are not allowed on to the track following tape infringements and or other restarts (except for crashes where riders are down and being treated by medical staff).

The other is six man teams given that most clubs seem to operate R/R. Ban R/R and all teams to have a named number 7 rider.

No black & white for double points but allow all riders apart from the number 1 to take tactical rides after all riders have completed three races.

Agree and to add to this, once the gates are closed the mechanics are not allowed on to the track following tape infringements and or other restarts (except for crashes where riders are down and being treated by medical staff).

The other is six man teams given that most clubs seem to operate R/R. Ban R/R and all teams to have a named number 7 rider.

No black & white for double points but allow all riders apart from the number 1 to take tactical rides after all riders have completed three races.

Totally unfair to the fans hoping to see a balanced meeting between full sides. Fans want value for money not weakened teams.

That limits their use quite a bit with heats 13 and 15 already strong.

Guest Scunny2012

When is the meeting that will be vital to speedways future (AGAIN) going to be held?

Should have been already decided what is happening next year, every year we have the same old crap with tracks uncertain they are going to run leaving the most important people, the supporters waiting to see if their track is running next season, it can only happen in speedway so I decided to have my own AGM at home to see if I still want to go to speedway,

I'll let you know in a few weeks.

Long way from reaching agreement on Monday /Thursday for the top league - so I hear.

Guest Scunny2012

Bigger carpets to sweep things under, would help.

As a carpet fitter I find enough crap sometimes under a carpet without anything speedway related turning up!

Guest Scunny2012

The rule book!

Can anybody understand it, pure fiction.

Long way from reaching agreement on Monday /Thursday for the top league - so I hear.

my personal view on race nights is

leave it to the clubs to run a night that suits there own area/suportors

as for rule changes

riders must compleate 3 programed rides

not allowing a non programed ride to count as 1 of there 3 minimum that way a weaker rider wont get stuck in a race he has no chance of scoring a point aslong as all 4 riders finish the race

it will also stop averge manipulation both ways higher or lower than it should be

• Like 1

I'm sure there used to be a rule that you had to have 3 programmed rides.

So many things I would change..but one of the first would be the double points tactical. Maybe the most stupid rule in any type of sport that I've seen.

Edited by baldyman