British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Ipswich have always had 7.30 parade with first race 7.45

Heat winners invariably have a lap of honour and interaction with the fans has increased greatly over the last couple of seasons

Meetings are often done by 9.15 and rarely go beyond 9.30 unless there is an understandable issue

There is a lot done right at Foxhall and every effort appears to be in mind to improve any areas not currently seen as top notch

Agree, just need the PA system sorted as well.

Agree, just need the PA system sorted as well.

Agreed for the back straight stand. Although elsewhere it is excellent also.

Not sure how much work and cost would be involved to rig up someting at the top pointing in.

This could solve the issue for those in the stand whilst directing any extra decibels into the bowl and so not risking problems from outside complaints.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

A few more lux, or even footcandles, on the track wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1

Ag

A few more lux, or even footcandles, on the track wouldn't go amiss.

Agree I think this needs a topic on its own Track lighting is there a standard for all tracks. I very much doubt it

we at workington are really happy with the lush green rugby pitch at speedway meetings in the night , pity about the track not being so bright tho .

• Like 1

For next season, for me the big 2 to sort is

Double up / down must be banned ,

Guests , for me stop altogether, guests for Reserves what a joke .

Don’t address these & crowds will drop further

• Like 2

For next season, for me the big 2 to sort is

Double up / down must be banned ,

Guests , for me stop altogether, guests for Reserves what a joke .

Don’t address these & crowds will drop further

Could not agree more, at Berwick we have had a guest at No7 for most of the season, a 2 point position should be easy to fill even if they are not brilliant

• Like 1

Could not agree more, at Berwick we have had a guest at No7 for most of the season, a 2 point position should be easy to fill even if they are not brilliant

as did workingtom . ruined a season and with the average fixer , we werte foo ed .

without guests people argue that there would be drubbings

but there's drubbings anyway and at least without guest they would be honest drubbings

• Like 1

without guests people argue that there would be drubbings

but there's drubbings anyway and at least without guest they would be honest drubbings

Would it also not affect attendances too? If you've got one (or more) NL type rider guesting for your team (especially if it's the number one and/or number two in the averages they are replacing), would you turn up and watch, knowing the likelihood is a thrashing?

• Like 2

Would it also not affect attendances too? If you've got one (or more) NL type rider guesting for your team (especially if it's the number one and/or number two in the averages they are replacing), would you turn up and watch, knowing the likelihood is a thrashing?

I mean you make a good point but people say they stay away if guests are involved

I, for one, consider guests make a fixture meaningless and prob wouldn't go

maybe if their usage could be severely restricted...

I mean you make a good point but people say they stay away if guests are involved

I, for one, consider guests make a fixture meaningless and prob wouldn't go

maybe if their usage could be severely restricted...

Please NO more of the same guest starring for both teams in a two legged cup final ( as with Scott Nicholls this season ). Way beyond credible.

• Like 1

An effort must be made to speed up the action

In theory 15 heats of approx 1 min of action = 15 mins

So why are meetings taking over 2 hrs no wonder newbies to our sport ain't returning

• Like 1

And Please No More double headers a la Stoke's end of season frolics! 30 heats plus advertised and 20 run - was a refund offered?

• Like 2

Teams have a 8 month season to fit fixtures in so why do clubs try to cram in fixtures in the last few weeks of the season .Rain offs are a part of this sport but clubs should rearrange these earlier.or by a set date ,it's farcical

• Like 1