Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Who'd want the job of Chairman/Vice Chairman anyway? Are there promoter's actually queuing up for the job or do they get pushed into it? It's a position that requires much time and effort with little or no reward', just plenty hassle... Let the SCB take over the roll.

Buster had been pushing for a number years to Get things Done - His Way. Which he is now doing. History will be the judge as to whether his ideas were any better then the BSPA "leaders" before him.

Concrete starting grids at the gate to (as already mentioned) stop riders forever poncing around gardening.

Tape-touching brought back - instead of this supposed sit still, and don't jump the gate 'time-saving initiative'.......sometimes now resulting in having two re-starts.

If there is a re-start, straight back to the tapes unaided - instead of 3 or 4 mechanics fighting over who is going to adjust the clutch by 1mm.

Who knows, with all the time saved, promoters may have to put on a second half; and give supporters value for money.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 2

Concrete starting grids at the gate to (as already mentioned) stop riders forever poncing around gardening.

Tape-touching brought back - instead of this supposed sit still, and don't jump the gate 'time-saving initiative'.......sometimes now resulting in having two re-starts.

If there is a re-start, straight back to the tapes unaided - instead of 3 or 4 mechanics fighting over who is going to adjust the clutch by 1mm.

Who knows, with all the time saved, promoters may have to put on a second half; and give supporters value for money.

Concrete starting grids wont work because the bikes rev much harder than the old bikes so they would just spin when the tapes go up, as for the mechanics coming on track its because the rider feels something isnt right when he made the first start so he wants it checking, chains slacken off loads because the clutch starts put a lot of tension on the chains so tightening/slackening a chain is actually for safety aswell as the chain could snap during the next start or even worse, mid corner with other riders around him, it doesnt take long to do and most mechanics are only on track for about 30 seconds, thats nothing if it means the bikes are safer, and it will be more entertaining having 4 riders finish a race rather than however many having to pull up with no chains on bike, I do agree that something needs doing about the constant restarts though and if they sort that problem out then that will alleviate the mechanics being on track

Concrete starting grids wont work because the bikes rev much harder than the old bikes so they would just spin when the tapes go up, as for the mechanics coming on track its because the rider feels something isnt right when he made the first start so he wants it checking, chains slacken off loads because the clutch starts put a lot of tension on the chains so tightening/slackening a chain is actually for safety aswell as the chain could snap during the next start or even worse, mid corner with other riders around him, it doesnt take long to do and most mechanics are only on track for about 30 seconds, thats nothing if it means the bikes are safer, and it will be more entertaining having 4 riders finish a race rather than however many having to pull up with no chains on bike, I do agree that something needs doing about the constant restarts though and if they sort that problem out then that will alleviate the mechanics being on track

Whilst what you say is true, a big factor is what's in the riders head. He is reassured that things are OK, even if nothing was actually done. That cooling of the clutch for 10 seconds really does a lot doesn't it. :P

Whilst what you say is true, a big factor is what's in the riders head. He is reassured that things are OK, even if nothing was actually done. That cooling of the clutch for 10 seconds really does a lot doesn't it. :P

I agree that some of it is psychological but why not stick the clutch cooler on while readjusting a chain, same with refuelling, as tanks would do the full race, its not wasting any extra time because youd still be doing chain anyway, it may not do much but it is something and clutches do get very hot

If you move.................YOUR OUT/YOUR FAULT............. NO 15m................NO RESERVE

• Like 1

If you move.................YOUR OUT/YOUR FAULT............. NO 15m................NO RESERVE

whilst i do agree to a point

theres always the refs who puul hts back when someone in crowd waves a program

not all re runs should be pulled back

• Like 1

Change the current start procedures, to allow movement once the green light is on, but any tape touching results in a disqualification, with no reserve replacement or going off 15 metres. At the moment, trying to get 4 riders approaching the first bend at the same time results in too many falls.

Tighten up on riders coming to the tapes when called up by the Start Marshall, instead of completely ignoring the instruction.

• Like 1

I would like to full wets in tyres for when it rains the same as most motorcycle sport

The problem is the vision..not the tyres.

• Like 1

I'd try and get a new face on the management committee to replace one of the old school. Someone like Stuart dickson of Glasgow

• Like 1

As the Championship is now going to be THE place for better speedway, I need to move to Peterborough ( from King's Lynn ) as I have no transport to get to Alwalton otherwise. Can anyone lend me enough to finance the move at a low interest rate?

As the Championship is now going to be THE place for better speedway, I need to move to Peterborough ( from King's Lynn ) as I have no transport to get to Alwalton otherwise. Can anyone lend me enough to finance the move at a low interest rate?

Arrange a meeting with JCF 😆

I'd try and get a new face on the management committee to replace one of the old school. Someone like Stuart dickson of Glasgow

Done. :t::cheers: