British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

Any team that fails to complete its fixtures by the end of August loses two league points for each meeting not completed by the cut off date. Oh a no excuses re rain offs etc in the league. Use the off race night or lose the league points. Bring back some discipline to running fixtures and stick to it no is or buts.

While I agree with the gist, not sure about when there's a genuinely flooded track that is not race-able and genuinely not possible to complete fixtures by the end of August. Under your proposal, taking 2016 season at Armadale as an example, Edinburgh would have been penalised when they had simply been victim of an horrendous weather pattern. So not sure your proposal would be either fair or practical. Agree something needs to be done to make use of dates though.

After last night when Ty Proctor was excluded for going on the centre green near the tapes I think this rule should be reversed but only a small area available to use. We lost about 10 minutes yesterday because of it because Ty went up to the referees box and then went off 15 metres.

Proctor wasn’t sure of his options Alan which is why he asked Tony Steele

I'd like to see a different match scoring system trialed. Maybe in the National League or KOC.

Heat points would still be 3-2-1-0 but each heat win (4-2 or 5-1) would result in 1 match point to the heat winning team. 3-3's would result in 0 match points to either team.

So a match could end 15-0 (if a team had a heat advantage in all 15 heats) or 0-0 (if all 15 heats ended 3-3) or any combination between (ie 7-6 or 8-5).

I feel it would give the impression of much closer results which might attract some new supporters (if you come from a football background and see a 6-3 result you think "that must've been a cracking match" whereas 50-40 looks like a hammering and there'd be more chances of a draw/last heat decider)

You could also change the riders payments to match. I don't know the current rates but for illustration each heat could be worth £1,000 (so £15,0000 total winnings up for grabs). In practice some heats might be worth more (heat 13 and 15) and some less (heat 2 and 8). A heat win earns the winners the grand whilst a 3-3 sees the grand split between both teams.

Might this encourage more team riding and therefore improve the product? (if you're out in front and your team mate is last you stand to win £500 but if you can help your team mate into third you double your teams winnings - difficult to tell)

As I say worth a trial

It could also mean 5-1 × 7 and 2 - 4 × 8 meaning a traditional 51 - 39 win becomes a 8 - 7 loss.

• Like 1

While I agree with the gist, not sure about when there's a genuinely flooded track that is not race-able and genuinely not possible to complete fixtures by the end of August. Under your proposal, taking 2016 season at Armadale as an example, Edinburgh would have been penalised when they had simply been victim of an horrendous weather pattern. So not sure your proposal would be either fair or practical. Agree something needs to be done to make use of dates though.

Then they would just be unlucky. And perhaps it would spur teams into trying to protect their tracks.

It could also mean 5-1 × 7 and 2 - 4 × 8 meaning a traditional 51 - 39 win becomes a 8 - 7 loss.

It would. Arguably making each heat more competitive? So even if you're 12 up (3 ahead after three 5-1's) you don't want to concede a 2-4 because you're then only 2 ahead as opposed to 10 ahead.

The dynamic changes. The individual scores wouldn't be relevant it would all be about heat advantages.

It would. Arguably making each heat more competitive? So even if you're 12 up (3 ahead after three 5-1's) you don't want to concede a 2-4 because you're then only 2 ahead as opposed to 10 ahead.

The dynamic changes. The individual scores wouldn't be relevant it would all be about heat advantages.

I find this destructive rather than constructive. I think you need to go back to the drawing board.

• Like 2

So even if you're 12 up (3 ahead after three 5-1's) you don't want to concede a 2-4 because you're then only 2 ahead as opposed to 10 ahead.

The dynamic changes. it would all be about heat advantages.

But then no as big heat advantages are unrecognised i.e. a 5-1 or for that matter a 5-0.

As "Fueltaps" said: "It could also mean 5-1 × 7 and 2 - 4 × 8 meaning a traditional 51 - 39 win becomes a 8 - 7 loss."

Which I find ludicrous. Sorry.

I find this destructive rather than constructive. I think you need to go back to the drawing board.

I agree.

• Like 1

After the Holdergate situation I would like a rule brought in to instantly ban any rider from racing in Britain riding abroad when he has an obligation to his own British club regardless of promoter decision and made to adhere to the contract they signed prior to the start of the season. We shouldn't be letting the Poles dictate to us and it would also put an end to the temptation should any other promoter try to do it

• Like 1

Some kind of financial bonus for winning our so called top league. You know, the one on TV that has fireworks, drama, shouting, "speedway from the top drawer" etc......

All the money we hear about floating around in speedway, the top riders earning thousands, the countless fortunes being spent on tuning, 40,000+ fans at Cardiff, new stadiums, (not to mention the 5 figure fines that disappear into a pot somewhere) and the bonus for the 7 guys who put their health on the line for this great sport is ............... ?

Sweet FA

• Like 1

Some kind of financial bonus for winning our so called top league. You know, the one on TV that has fireworks, drama, shouting, "speedway from the top drawer" etc......

All the money we hear about floating around in speedway, the top riders earning thousands, the countless fortunes being spent on tuning, 40,000+ fans at Cardiff, new stadiums, (not to mention the 5 figure fines that disappear into a pot somewhere) and the bonus for the 7 guys who put their health on the line for this great sport is ............... ?

Sweet FA

All BSPA fines go to the Ben Fund, do they not?

All BSPA fines go to the Ben Fund, do they not?

Referee fines to the SRBF, SCB fines to them.