British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Some obvious questions have to be answered before any potential line-up can be considered, although I have to say it's still great to speculate.

• Will there be a Promotion/Relegation ride-off in the coming weeks, and if there is, how will the 2-line-ups be determined, when as we all know it's Leicester vs Sheffield?
  • Regardless of the result (if indeed there is one), could Leicester still remain in the Premiership, because there's a lot of conjecture that they will?

Suffice to say, it's ridiculous how none of the loyal Lions supporters actually know what's happening, but hey let's start building our Winning 2018 Team :lol::lol::lol:

No idea of the points aggregate but I'd go with:-

1. Kim Nilsson

2. Erik Riss

3. Pawel Przedpelski

4. Josh Bates

5. Szymon Wozniak

6. Kyle Newman

7. Dan Bewley

All great racers who can pretty much cope with away tracks, Pawel will manage to dial-in quickly given all his natural talent.

Edited by The Observer

Some obvious questions have to be answered before any potential line-up can be considered, although I have to say it's still great to speculate.

• Will there be a Promotion/Relegation ride-off in the coming weeks, and if there is, how will the 2-line-ups be determined, when as we all know it's Leicester vs Sheffield?
  • Regardless of the result (if indeed there is one), could Leicester still remain in the Premiership, because there's a lot of conjecture that they will?
Suffice to say, it's ridiculous how none of the loyal Lions supporters actually know what's happening, but hey let's start building our Winning 2018 Team :lol::lol::lol:

1. Kim Nilsson

2. Erik Riss

3. Pawel Przedpelski

4. Josh Bates

5. Szymon Wozniak

6. Kyle Newman

7. Dan Bewley

All great racers who can pretty much cope with away tracks, Pawel will manage to dial-in quickly given all his natural talent.

I'd go with that, however I doubt Bewley will be there.

Bates at reserve and Lasse Bjerre at 4

• Like 1

1. Kim Nilsson

2. Erik Riss

3. Pawel Przedpelski

4. Josh Bates

5. Szymon Wozniak

6. Kyle Newman

7. Dan Bewley

At the QA meeting some weeks aqgo, Dave Darcy indicated that he has teams prepared for either Preiership or the Championship. He felt that the team would do well in the Championship but in the team he has prepared for the Premiership would only finish mid table. He also said the Nillson would be prepared to ride in either division for Leicester.

• Like 1

Wont Bates ride for Sheffield as he signed for them first and isnt he a PL asset?

Nicholls Nilsson Wozniak Bjerre Riss

1. Kim Nilsson

2. Erik Riss

3. Pawel Przedpelski

4. Josh Bates

5. Szymon Wozniak

6. Kyle Newman

7. Dan Bewley

Nobody knows what the points limit will be, could be 24 for all we know.

Or which league you're going to be in,or which night you're going to run on or anything else for that matter.

But that should never stop our dreams from soaring to great heights, limited only by our own aspirations.

I'm a Bees fan, I should know.

You were saying 46 a couple of weeks ago

on the " poole2018" thread there are nearly 50 pages of speculation,guesswork and dreamers aspirations as well as a fair amount of rubbish all good fun and no mention from starman of a possible 24 pt limit yet on the very first page of another clubs 2018 thread he has to stumble in with a negative and pointless(excuse pun) post.wish leicester the best but a season or two in the championship would make sense and probably a profit !

Radio Leicester reported this morning that Damien Bates has said he will be willing to listen to offers for the Lions. Could be due to the abuse sent his way on Monday but also because he will be putting the Tigers forward as a top flight team for 2018.

Whatever the reason let's hope something can be sorted quickly to allow any new owner the chance to plan & build a competitive team for 2018.

Have just made a post on the Promotion & Relegation thread suggesting this could happen! He is naturally being very sensitive to anything which could hinder negotiations.

There was a scenario in the pits on Monday night, when he came over to King and Nilsson and had a brief word. Nilsson's reaction afterwards seemed to be "did he really say that!?" or something similar. King kind of shrugged and nodded.