British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

A very good signing for the Lions he was very impressive in the U21 meeting at King's Lynn very quick a very good gater .After Drabik he is in a group of real talent coming through in Poland Smektala,Kubera (ect) a great signing for our league.

Hopefully any GP rider will be a minimum 8. Otherwise it's just a waste of time having any realistic rules.

Just because he is a GP rider shouldn't necessarily mean he should be an 8. It should also be based on league form in Poland and Sweden but no one will argue with an 8pt average for Vaculik. Pieszczek should be about a 6 going by his average in other countries.

• Like 2

Black Friday has gone Lions fans so you can stop with the silly 5.00 point assessment posts regarding Pieszczek.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Just because he is a GP rider shouldn't necessarily mean he should be an 8. It should also be based on league form in Poland and Sweden but no one will argue with an 8pt average for Vaculik. Pieszczek should be about a 6 going by his average in other countries.

Think either 6.50 (or 6) would be fairest for all concerned. Vaculik should be about 8.50.

Long gone are the days when new foreign riders would have to contend with the more unorthodox tracks like Lakeside and Eastbourne, and one should expect a new international rider would fare pretty well on most UK tracks.

Vaculik is a GP rider which means 8.00 at least.

If the precedent was set with Lindback signing for Poole in 2016 on a seven point average then there's nothing to say Vaculik would be any different. Although I agree he should be an eight minimum.

• Like 2

do british clubs get compensation when their assets get injured in Poland ?

Nope. None of them ride in the top league apart from Woffy.

Read your post wrong sorry thought it said British riders for some reason lol.

Don't know maybe they do maybe they don't.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Nope. None of them ride in the top league apart from Woffy.

Jason Doyle also rides in the top league, as do others

Edited by A ORLOV

Suggestion of Leicester Speedway getting 'preferential treatment' seem's bizarre as we've been the basement club pretty much since we stepped up to the top tier! Now I don't disagree with the product having been watered down, it may be logical for the assessed averages to coincide with them. However, it's not really been the case in recent times (I can't recall anyone coming in with an assessed average about 7.00 in recent years? Correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't see it being considered preferential should it work this was for the Lions. Vaculik and Pieszczek are both really exciting signings and finally looking like we may have a team for the fans to get excited about. I'd have thought 7.5 (MV) and 6.00 (KP) would probably be logical and relatively fair assessments (as no one is sure how well either rider will commit and adapt) for British speedway.

Lions fans, that leaves 29 points for 5 riders. Who would you like/ suggest may be making up the team?

Bates seems a given for me (5.53)

Newman is a steal on 4.68 - hopefully he'd sooner return to the club that gave him the opportunity, rather than Poole who sacked him!

Kim Nilsson would be a popular return (7.05)

Danny King is good value on 6.54

Leaves 5.02 for the final rider...

Manzares said on twitter he's looking for accomodation in the midlands for next season. Would fit on a 4.18

Joe Jacobs could also be a good option on a 4.67

Josh Auty would be a popular rider and good at 4.76

Could possibly go left field again and get a young foreign rider on an assessed 5.00

These are the averages I found on the SpeedwayGB website, however some riders had different averages at different clubs (if they'd had multiple teams last season) so I don't know what their official average would be

Based on the averages of Thorsell and Morris, no way is Vaculik 7.5.

I don't know enough about the other guy to comment.

• Like 1

Suggestion of Leicester Speedway getting 'preferential treatment' seem's bizarre as we've been the basement club pretty much since we stepped up to the top tier! Now I don't disagree with the product having been watered down, it may be logical for the assessed averages to coincide with them. However, it's not really been the case in recent times (I can't recall anyone coming in with an assessed average about 7.00 in recent years? Correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't see it being considered preferential should it work this was for the Lions. Vaculik and Pieszczek are both really exciting signings and finally looking like we may have a team for the fans to get excited about. I'd have thought 7.5 (MV) and 6.00 (KP) would probably be logical and relatively fair assessments (as no one is sure how well either rider will commit and adapt) for British speedway.

Lions fans, that leaves 29 points for 5 riders. Who would you like/ suggest may be making up the team?

Bates seems a given for me (5.53)

Newman is a steal on 4.68 - hopefully he'd sooner return to the club that gave him the opportunity, rather than Poole who sacked him!

Kim Nilsson would be a popular return (7.05)

Danny King is good value on 6.54

Leaves 5.02 for the final rider...

Manzares said on twitter he's looking for accomodation in the midlands for next season. Would fit on a 4.18

Joe Jacobs could also be a good option on a 4.67

Josh Auty would be a popular rider and good at 4.76

Could possibly go left field again and get a young foreign rider on an assessed 5.00

These are the averages I found on the SpeedwayGB website, however some riders had different averages at different clubs (if they'd had multiple teams last season) so I don't know what their official average would be

King is on 6.66 - probably around what he would average next season so ok, but not great value. Personally, I'd be happy to stick with Nilsson, Bjerre, Riss, and Bates, and see who fits in the last spot when the assessed average are known. At the lower end, they have to look for riders that will put something on their starting average, and I don't see Jacobs or Auty doing that at Leicester.

King is on 6.66 - probably around what he would average next season so ok, but not great value. Personally, I'd be happy to stick with Nilsson, Bjerre, Riss, and Bates, and see who fits in the last spot when the assessed average are known. At the lower end, they have to look for riders that will put something on their starting average, and I don't see Jacobs or Auty doing that at Leicester.

Danny king is a 3rd heat leader at best in the top league whatever it has ever been called. He isnt a 2nd heat leader as proved last year.

I would not have Danny back.

Why can't the BSPA work out a relatively simple formula for converting foreign league average for riders wanting to race here. If done properly that would provide consistency and stop any accusations favouritism or unfairness.

• Like 2

For me - depending on assessed averages etc - would go with

Vaculik

Nilsson

King

Riss

Bates

Newman

AN Other to fit ....

Would go with King rather than Lasse Bjerre as he is better away from home I reckon ?

Once new guys get dialled in we should have a strong side at Beaumont Park ....

Cheers

For me - depending on assessed averages etc - would go with

Vaculik

Nilsson

King

Riss

Bates

Newman

AN Other to fit ....

Would go with King rather than Lasse Bjerre as he is better away from home I reckon ?

Once new guys get dialled in we should have a strong side at Beaumont Park ....

Cheers

Interesting team considering that you have missed out KP who they signed yesterday! So I dont think that will work. Ahahaha