British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Sorry to laugh but Vaculik could be given a 9.00 starting average. Leicester have jumped the gun there.

He always should have been a 9 based on other riders about. He's worth it.

• Like 3

I think he'll be staying at Leicester even on a nine.

He always should have been a 9 based on other riders about. He's worth it.

Not on a 9 he isn't as Leicester will have to sacrifice someone lower down the order now. Never ridden British tracks before. Ridiculous average only Doyle and Lindgren managed to get to the 9 mark last season.

Not on a 9 he isn't as Leicester will have to sacrifice someone lower down the order now. Never ridden British tracks before. Ridiculous average only Doyle and Lindgren managed to get to the 9 mark last season.

If Chris Holder lines up for someone he will do so on an average of less than 8. I do not think there is much between him and MV.

If Chris Holder lines up for someone he will do so on an average of less than 8. I do not think there is much between him and MV.

Agree not much between them but Holder is a 7.16 whilst Vaculik is a 9.00 a lot of difference.

Sorry to laugh but Vaculik could be given a 9.00 starting average. Leicester have jumped the gun there.

Laugh all you like, I for one am really excited to watch a grand prix rider line up for the Lions again. Think our whole fan base will be delighted to get behind Martin and I'm sure he'll be excellent! He may not live up to his 9.00 average, but Doyle didn't maintain his 13+ average from the start of last season and Swindon still won the title. Think our promotion would still have gone for Vaculik had they known he would be on an assessed 9.00 anyway

• Like 4

Nothing to laugh at. It's a fair assessment. Thank god it isn't stupid like a 7 for The GP rider Lindback. That really was laughable.

Nothing to laugh at. It's a fair assessment. Thank god it isn't stupid like a 7 for The GP rider Lindback. That really was laughable.

They should of both been 8's imo.

Anything for fairness and transparency.

Good job your opinion doesn't count then :wink:

• Like 1

Yet Nick Morris is on 8.87 and clearly not as good as an SGP rider!

• Like 1

Indeed, based on the effort shown he put in he should have been re-assessed on 3.00. :D

Edited by Col

After years of hearing all sorts of garbage from the previous owner/promoter since joining the top league, but actually ending up with teams composed mainly of leftovers and waiting and waiting for riders to be announced, I for one am delighted the new ownership has "jumped the gun" by announcing the signing of Martin Vaculik at such an early stage.

I'm not including Jason Doyle in the "leftovers" category when he was signed from Birmingham, but he wasn't a GP rider at that stage and left due to the intransigence of the owners.

The signing makes a statement, to the Leicester supporters and the rest of the league. We're not going to be the whipping boys any more. And we don't need charity handouts from the 1 over 8 fiasco.

And, I'd much rather have a Plumber as club owner than a Hairdresser.

• Like 2