British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

I have a feeling that a former Witch and good friend of Danny King will be one of the last two signings for Leicester. It all depends on the next signing on which route the promotion take.

Completely agree. Maybe a punt on someone like Robert Lambert as 2nd heat leader? Rides Beaumont Park well.

The thought of Robert Lambert in Lions colours excites me. Although he seemed to stagnate a bit last season, I still think he is likely to be the next big thing in British speedway. Always seems to do okay around BP and is a real racer who's efforts would go down a storm with the Lions fans. If we could get him I would almost be prepared to take his namesake (poor Simon) if that meant staying within the 42.50 total!

• Like 1

I have a feeling that a former Witch and good friend of Danny King will be one of the last two signings for Leicester. It all depends on the next signing on which route the promotion take.

Is this a hint towards Scott Nicholls? Wouldn't mind that at all!

• Like 1

Is this a hint towards Scott Nicholls? Wouldn't mind that at all!

That was my first thought, but it will only fit if Pieszckek is given an average under 7, so if Pieszckek is a 7 as most people seem to think he will be, added to Nicholls 7.48 it comes to 40.52, only leaving 1.98 for the last rider. I'm pretty sure the minimum for the last reserve is 2.00 so wouldn't fit.

Would sooner see us invest in a young british rider than Simon Lambert.. Georgie Wood would presumably come in on a 2.00 average? Was impressive at reserve for Sheffield in the relegation play off

• Like 1

The hint I gave was not actually about Scotty but someone that may be at the bottom end of the team.

As I said it all depends if they go as I think they should for another heat leader and then this rider will likely be in at Leicester.

If not they may go for two 5-5.7 point riders

The hint I gave was not actually about Scotty but someone that may be at the bottom end of the team.

As I said it all depends if they go as I think they should for another heat leader and then this rider will likely be in at Leicester.

Would he have a namesake footballer from yesteryear with the first name of James?

Another heat leader + Cameron Heeps would do me, if the averages fit of course.

Simon Lambert has to miss a large chunk of each season injured. Not easy finding replacements for someone with such a low average