British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

Sign for 2 clubs, express happiness and desire for next season, then set up new website and new merchandise and announce retirement before letting Sheffield and Leicester know. Would have thought it would be a hack but..

Flip side Leicester were looking into it almost an hour ago. I would have thought a hack would have resulted in immediate notification from club which hasn't happened.

Doesn't quite add up as I'm sure Leicester and DB would be able to contact him quickly to dismiss the suggestion. With that in mind it may be true and all are establishing the facts and reasons. If so surprised he didn't tell clubs.

#Confused

Matt Ford Fan :t:

Not Gater.

KKS not Matt Ford fan.

• Like 1

If that's what you think then so be it. But your wrong. Anyway won't be replying anymore. :t:

I absolutely think you are. No doubt about it.

• Like 1

Bates must have been hacked. He would hardly renege on the two clubs owned by his family!! Unless of course there has been one hell of a family bust-up??!

Tweet has been deleted now.

But no tweet to deny it. So possibly not a hack.

And still a tweet saying 'not your choice' responding to a 'please dont' message

Also posted stuff on Facebook, probably best for him and others to sort out what's going on.

Something on his facebook page aswell!

So the management are giving Josh 'as much time and space as he needs'. I assume/hope that this means they will continue team building without him but keep him in mind when (inevitably sometime in April) they are looking to shake things up due to riders under performing. We wish Josh well and hope he sorts things out but the Lions (and Sheffield) have to look at the bigger picture despite the family connections.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but is Kim Nilsson on his way back to Leicester?

On 12/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, Skidder1 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but is Kim Nilsson on his way back to Leicester?

Someone said they'd heard from his mechanic that Kim doesn't intend on riding in the UK in 2018.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the plan was with Bates now? The statement says they'll support him, but doesn't mention if they're now building the team with him in it or a team assuming his services won't be available.