British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Have another look at his/her user name and take a guess.....

TBH I didn't notice.Well we can't all be in the top division ;)

On 08/01/2018 at 10:09 PM, Agrotron said:

Who is to say Vaculik will do well in UK at all, its going to be interesting to say the least.

I think in this league with the standard of the opposition . He will do very well.

On 1/8/2018 at 10:09 PM, Agrotron said:

Who is to say Vaculik will do well in UK at all, its going to be interesting to say the least.

Except for Jason Doyle, Vaculik averaged more in the Ekstraliga than any other rider competing in Britain last year.  More, even, than the all conquering Woryna who spent the year as a reserve for Rybnik.  Guessing after NKI's injury he was second heat leader for Gorzow, behind Zmarzlik.  11th overall, on 8.14.

Stats in Sweden less impressive, 18th overall on 6.92.  But of those likely to compete in the Premiership again only Doyle is higher.  Still averaged more than Holder, Lebedevs, Kildemand, Lindbäck, Jonsson, Sayfutdinov & Bjerre.

Is there any evidence to suggest he won't adapt to British tracks?

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Except for Jason Doyle, Vaculik averaged more in the Ekstraliga than any other rider competing in Britain last year.  More, even, than the all conquering Woryna who spent the year as a reserve for Rybnik.  Guessing after NKI's injury he was second heat leader for Gorzow, behind Zmarzlik.  11th overall, on 8.14.

Stats in Sweden less impressive, 18th overall on 6.92.  But of those likely to compete in the Premiership again only Doyle is higher.  Still averaged more than Holder, Lebedevs, Kildemand, Lindbäck, Jonsson, Sayfutdinov & Bjerre.

Is there any evidence to suggest he won't adapt to British tracks?

Also he was leading the World Championship at one time. He should be a nine.

To anyone who thinks 8.00 is a fair assessment, put these riders in order of the standard that you think they are: Jacob Thorsell, Jason Doyle, Martin Vaculik, Freddie Lindgren, Nick Morris.

I reckon there must have been some horse trading somewhere behind the scenes to get Vaculik reassessed, because there is no reason to think that the original assessment was incorrect.

41 minutes ago, Grachan said:

To anyone who thinks 8.00 is a fair assessment, put these riders in order of the standard that you think they are: Jacob Thorsell, Jason Doyle, Martin Vaculik, Freddie Lindgren, Nick Morris.

Doyle, Lindgren, Vaculik, Morris, Thorsell.

But then rank Chris Harris, Craig Cook, Danny King, Jack Holder, Josh Grajczonek, Nick Morris, Ricky Wells, Robert Lambert, Sam Masters & Steve Worrall in your head.  I bet it nothing like they appear in the averages on http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk - they are the top ten from 2017.

Congratulations to Leicester. They certainly have put together the strongest team so far. I think they will definitely give Poole (the second strongest) a run for their money.

1 minute ago, Col said:

Doyle, Lindgren, Vaculik, Morris, Thorsell.

But then rank Chris Harris, Craig Cook, Danny King, Jack Holder, Josh Grajczonek, Nick Morris, Ricky Wells, Robert Lambert, Sam Masters & Steve Worrall in your head.  I bet it nothing like they appear in the averages on http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk - they are the top ten from 2017.

They aren't being assessed. It's about taking a rider without an average and putting him where he should be. My own assessment is the same as yours. Most people's would be. The only possible change might be swapping Lindgren and Vaculik round.

He's a nine.

12 hours ago, proud panther said:

Would love to see Leicester win the league next season, Damien Bates has done a brilliant job turning the club round. Plus Kings Lynn to finish bottom lol.

Its so much easier being a big fish in a smaller pond....;)

12 hours ago, proud panther said:

Would love to see Leicester win the league next season, Damien Bates has done a brilliant job turning the club round. Plus Kings Lynn to finish bottom lol.

Winning the league in this sport isn't all it's cracked up to be. It just leads to a feeling of disappointment afterwards.

33 minutes ago, Grachan said:

They aren't being assessed. It's about taking a rider without an average and putting him where he should be. My own assessment is the same as yours. Most people's would be. The only possible change might be swapping Lindgren and Vaculik round.

He's a nine.

Lindgren was ranked higher in the GPs than Vaculik, despite missing the last two rounds.  Vaculik averaged 0.6 higher in Ekstraliga, Lindgren averaged 0.9 higher in Elitserien.

If you were to ask me who would average the most in the UK next year if both were here, I'd bet heavily on Lindgren.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Col said:

Lindgren was ranked higher in the GPs than Vaculik, despite missing the last two rounds.  Vaculik averaged 0.6 higher in Ekstraliga, Lindgren averaged 0.9 higher in Elitserien.

If you were to ask me who would average the most in the UK next year if both were here, I'd bet heavily on Lindgren.

Me too. I just thought that that might be the only contentious position in the order. But the order is pretty logical to me. Doyle (9.69), Lindgren (9.29), Vaculik, Morris (8.87), Thorsell (8.64). Yet Vaculik is assessed as being below Morris and Thorsell.

56 minutes ago, MattK said:

Congratulations to Leicester. They certainly have put together the strongest team so far. I think they will definitely give Poole (the second strongest) a run for their money.

Poole do have Woryna in on 4.65 which is his 2016 average when riding for Coventry.  2 seasons later he is now a much better rider and will surely improve his average considerably. Likewise Szczepaniak is in on  presumably an old out of date average and what I have seen of him lately he will also surely add a few points to his starting average of 4.54. Typical shrewd thinking by Mr Ford yet again. Poole will do alright methinks.

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Me too. I just thought that that might be the only contentious position in the order. But the order is pretty logical to me. Doyle (9.69), Lindgren (9.29), Vaculik, Morris (8.87), Thorsell (8.64). Yet Vaculik is assessed as being below Morris and Thorsell.

I get what your saying but he has never rode over here. I would say Morris and Thorssell are only marginally behind Vaculik anyway but in the UK next season it will be close.

Splitting hairs i would have said 8.50 would be fair....but then riders pf the calibre of Zagar and Tai never achieved 8.50 last time they were here and they are better riders than Vaculik

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I get what your saying but he has never rode over here. I would say Morris and Thorssell are only marginally behind Vaculik anyway but in the UK next season it will be close.

Splitting hairs i would have said 8.50 would be fair....but then riders pf the calibre of Zagar and Tai never achieved 8.50 last time they were here and they are better riders than Vaculik

Indeed.  An assessed new foreign rider is always a gamble.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Winning the league in this sport isn't all it's cracked up to be. It just leads to a feeling of disappointment afterwards.

Try winning the Championship in Football.  Promotion to the Premier League, then the clubs only ambition for their tenure in the top flight is not being one of the worst 3 teams.