British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to someone in the inside at Leicester and they was saying that the Bates family are going down a new route this season with new staff, as we have seen with simon stead some new track staff, and a new track man and with a good looking team. It may be Leicester year?????

Presumably some race-night staffing changes are needed because a number of former staffers can't do the Monday nights. 

On 2/11/2018 at 6:57 AM, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to someone in the inside at Leicester and they was saying that the Bates family are going down a new route this season with new staff, as we have seen with simon stead some new track staff, and a new track man and with a good looking team. It may be Leicester year?????

certainly looks good at the Lions den this coming season and I wish them every success. I would love them to do it at Sheffield next season, that track and stadium is wasted in the 2nd tier.

8 minutes ago, adonis said:

swap of league would be the best thing , Sheffield definitely premier , leicester definitely championship 

Why not both in the top tier, that was my thinking.

The real reason could be frostbite of the goolies. He certainly likes finding unusual ways of harming himself. As they say in that part of the world, "daft as a brush". 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The real reason could be frostbite of the goolies. He certainly likes finding unusual ways of harming himself. As they say in that part of the world, "daft as a brush". 

Yes. You would think he would know better.

So, time for the first team change, a month before the season starts! Looking at averages and who isn't fixed up with a Premiership team, it seems that former Lions Lasse Bjerre, Erik Riss and Nicolai Klindt would all fit. Any of these as a replacement would not weaken the team (Klindt maybe improving it).

51 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

So, time for the first team change, a month before the season starts! Looking at averages and who isn't fixed up with a Premiership team, it seems that former Lions Lasse Bjerre, Erik Riss and Nicolai Klindt would all fit. Any of these as a replacement would not weaken the team (Klindt maybe improving it).

I hope you go Klindt. For his sake!!! You so don’t qualify for the SEC without being a good rider. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

I would think with the Sheffield connection Bjerre would be the obvious choice, it also probably strengthens the side.

I wouldn't rule the Barnsley lad out just yet...

Don't think we can fit Lasse Bjerre in can we ?  If Bates not ready go for Michael Palm Toft - he rode BP well last year particularly in his last match there !

Cheers

21 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Yes. You would think he would know better.

Yes, more meat and gravy needed........plus a spray tan. ;)

37 minutes ago, Robbobee said:

Don't think we can fit Lasse Bjerre in can we ?  If Bates not ready go for Michael Palm Toft - he rode BP well last year particularly in his last match there !

Cheers

Providing the averages are Vaculik 8.00, Pieszczek 6.50, King 6.66, Andersen 7.75 Newman 4.86 , Sargeant 2.56 , we can fit Bjerre in . He is 6.10 we have 6.17 left.