British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Vaculik is certain not to return so it really will be another long season of going through the motions for Leicester. 

Rubbish, why don't you just post the first thing that comes into your head. (oh you have) 

Leicester will be making a signing to cover for Vaculik injury and then it will be up to the rider whether he wishes to return once fit.

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

See all these big names banded about as replacement for Vaculik but it won't happen. They're not interested and won't risk their pay cheque from Poland.

Vaculik is certain not to return so it really will be another long season of going through the motions for Leicester. 

Nice & positive eh !!!!!

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

See all these big names banded about as replacement for Vaculik but it won't happen. They're not interested and won't risk their pay cheque from Poland.

That's providing they get paid from Poland;)

LionsMan66- With the set race night format in the U.K. now it is very difficult to find guests especially at the top end of the team as so many teams are racing at the same time.

Vaculik is going to be injured for a number of weeks although he is targeting a return for first GP no guarantee that will happen and then Gorzow are extremely unhappy with him riding in U.K. now.

So best option look elsewhere for a replacement but I can see this will possibly mean more than one team change to accommodate as averages are so tight which will be a shame to lose another member of the team as well

I'm wondering if Gorzow are holding Leicester responsible for what happened to Vaculik, by not doing more to get the match called off? 

This is what annoys me about Poland. Riders can ride where they like to make a living, do they get the hump with Sweden if 'their' riders get injured in that league? Injuries are part and parcel of speedway unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This is what annoys me about Poland. Riders can ride where they like to make a living, do they get the hump with Sweden if 'their' riders get injured in that league? Injuries are part and parcel of speedway unfortunately.

..and the most serious crashes seem to happen in Poland - Darcy Ward, Lee Richardson etc. So the Poles can't really take the moral high ground!

• Like 2

Hans remains a very reliable top heat leader.   If I were a team manager he would be the first rider on my short list to sign. 

But Sargeant remains a huge disappointment.    He doesn't get any better and still goes through the tapes quite a bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

..and the most serious crashes seem to happen in Poland - Darcy Ward, Lee Richardson etc. So the Poles can't really take the moral high ground!

Exactly.  Well said. Double standards or what! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flagrag said:

LionsMan66- With the set race night format in the U.K. now it is very difficult to find guests especially at the top end of the team as so many teams are racing at the same time.

Vaculik is going to be injured for a number of weeks although he is targeting a return for first GP no guarantee that will happen and then Gorzow are extremely unhappy with him riding in U.K. now.

So best option look elsewhere for a replacement but I can see this will possibly mean more than one team change to accommodate as averages are so tight which will be a shame to lose another member of the team as well

Hopefully Leicester manage to get someone of the same calibre as Vaculik who hasn't ridden in the UK before, and automatically becomes an asset. What a coup Artem Laguta or Patryk Dudek would be.

21 hours ago, Big Al said:

I'm wondering if Gorzow are holding Leicester responsible for what happened to Vaculik, by not doing more to get the match called off? 

Of course they will, they don't want any of their riders racing elsewhere, they want exclusivity for their zlotys (if they pay up!). 

It's sods law that Vaculik got injured first lap..... couldn't make it up eh! 

Let's hope Freddie fancies a few weeks or more racing for Leicester.. 

• Like 1