British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

I think the replacement for Vaculik will be a signing that divides the Leicester fans it will excite some but others will be rather apprehensive about him riding for the Lions.

There is another option that I understand is being considered but a few bits of jigsaw have to fit into place for this to happen but this rider would be box office for Leicester and U.K. Speedway 

Finally must say it appears that Martin Vaculik injury is more serious than first thought as already had one lot of surgery with more scheduled today or tomorrow to try and repair his leg and ankle so best wishes to him 

10 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I think the replacement for Vaculik will be a signing that divides the Leicester fans it will excite some but others will be rather apprehensive about him riding for the Lions.

There is another option that I understand is being considered but a few bits of jigsaw have to fit into place for this to happen but this rider would be box office for Leicester and U.K. Speedway 

Finally must say it appears that Martin Vaculik injury is more serious than first thought as already had one lot of surgery with more scheduled today or tomorrow to try and repair his leg and ankle so best wishes to him 

If you know who it is why don't you just come out and say it? What's with all the I know and you don't business? Dave Darcy did come on the PA last night and ask people not to speculate who the new signing would be and while I don't agree with Dave Darcy's thought police approach this is the worst kind of I know something you don't speculation. Flagrag your post are normally more informative and better than this

2 hours ago, flagrag said:

So it's either Sergei "I'm still riding" Darkin or Henning "Showtime" Bager.

Keep on teasing, flagrag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Iainb- Nothing more to be said at the moment as nothing confirmed but should be more news by the weekend once the club have definite answers from riders who have shown an interest in joining the Lions and the club have looked at other changes that may need to be made to make these changes.

As Mr Darcy said last night the club are trying everything with one option an absolutely amazing world class star just need to satisfy the Polish club that U.K. is good for the rider.

BigAl- No it won’t be them it’s going to be Richard Sweetman and Jamie Courtney returning 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, flagrag said:

BigAl- No it won’t be them it’s going to be Richard Sweetman and Jamie Courtney returning 

Damn, I was hoping for Ilya Bondarenko, first into turn 1 and last halfway round turn 1!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

Iainb- Nothing more to be said at the moment as nothing confirmed but should be more news by the weekend once the club have definite answers from riders who have shown an interest in joining the Lions and the club have looked at other changes that may need to be made to make these changes.

As Mr Darcy said last night the club are trying everything with one option an absolutely amazing world class star just need to satisfy the Polish club that U.K. is good for the rider.

Could be Anders Michanek but  more likely to be Peter Kildemand?

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Freddie? 

Freddie is well over a point higher than Vaculik so extremely unlikely without further changes.

7 hours ago, Big Al said:

So it's either Sergei "I'm still riding" Darkin or Henning "Showtime" Bager.

Keep on teasing, flagrag

If it’s a signing that will divide Lions fans then it must surely be the second coming of Bjarne Pedersen :unsure:

Edited by Mr Bump

44 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

If it’s a signing that will divide Lions fans then it must surely be the second coming of Bjarne Pedersen :unsure:

Or Nicki

• Like 1

Matej Zagar would cause a division between those who think he's a p***-taking shyster, and those who say he's a p***-taking shyster.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Or Nicki

Too high

17 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Emil?

Too high

17 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Matej Zagar would cause a division between those who think he's a p***-taking shyster, and those who say he's a p***-taking shyster.

Depends which average they use but using the kildemand example would fit.

2 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Or David Hemsley! :unsure:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Don’t know when he is ready what about P. Pawlicki? 

Yes had a foot injury but sure he wants the rides! 

Depends what average the BSPA decide he is on. Was 9 before the season started.