British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Matej Zagar would cause a division between those who think he's a p***-taking shyster, and those who say he's a p***-taking shyster.

:D

They would never get the meetings finished before midnight as he paddled around at the back getting lapped race after race...

(Is it obvious I am still bitter spending around £100 to watch him do exactly that a couple of seasons ago?)..

:)

Edited by mikebv

Not sure I like the sound of the jigsaw. I like the shape of our current 6 and would be disappointed to have to chop one to fit another in. 

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

:D

They would never get the meetings finished before midnight as he paddled around at the back getting lapped race after race...

(Is it obvious I am still bitter spending around £100 to watch him do exactly that a couple of seasons ago?)..

:)

Still rankles with me and I only spent £16 and support Leicester! Not just lapped but drifted out and put other riders at risk

GlennyLion- Unfortunately with the fixed race nights and Martin Vaculik not getting an average yet a replacement is the only option. 

The options to keep the same team just don’t seem to be available so will likely have to be two changes.

On a personal level I hope the club don’t go with one option as he will have a lot to prove to Leicester fans and would be a gamble in my view as although a solid rider on the continent would that convert into form around Leicester and British tracks 

. Another option is a more proven performer if foreign commitments can be accommodated. I am not so sure about the last option by bringing in two more middle order riders to go for strength in depth team  as tried that and never worked that well.

which ever way have faith in the Bates family and Simon Stead to make the best possible moves 

Edited by flagrag

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

The options to keep the same team just don’t seem to be available so will likely have to be two changes.

I don't like the sound of that. :(

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

GlennyLion- Unfortunately with the fixed race nights and Martin Vaculik not getting an average yet a replacement is the only option. 

On a personal level I hope the club don’t go with one option as he will have a lot to prove to Leicester fans and would be a gamble in my view as although a solid rider on the continent would that convert into form around Leicester and British tracks 

. Another option is a more proven performer if foreign commitments can be accommodated. I am not so sure about the last option by bringing in two more middle order riders to go for strength in depth team  as tried that and never worked that well.

which ever way have faith in the Bates family and Simon Stead to make the best possible moves 

I agree a replacement will be needed and I do have faith for once in what the promotion are doing. From what I see I don't see any mileage in chopping either HA, KP, DK and KN. None of those will reduce their average this year and are the backbone of a very good side.

JS will be around his average but I don't see real value in getting a lower rider in which leaves Josh Bates. Chopping a family member I can't see happening and would weaken us a reserve if we need to find big points to play with.

Interesting times

9 hours ago, flagrag said:

Well, again, you may as well be talking to yourself as nobody else has the first clue what you're going on about!
You little tease

I wonder how much priority will be given to avoiding incurring loan fees when it comes to team changes? The new No.1 will probably incur having to pay one out, so if it's a case of balancing the books KP, JB and JS would be more likely retained than DK, MPT and KN. There'd probably be a riot if HA were let go!

On a completely different tack - does anyone know what gizmo Hans Andersen was using on his bike on Monday? On the left hand side underneath the saddle I could see two orange lights on some sort of box. Never seen anything like that on any other rider's bike. Looked a bit like Blackpool Illuminations! Do the lights come in different colours - could they be the same as the helmet colours? 

I noticed this also, one was red and one was orange. I've seen red lights occasionally on riders bikes before but not 2 and not orange

Will it be

1. Mysery man 2. Andersen 3. Pieszczek 4. Palm Toft 5. Bates 6. Newman 7. Serjeant

Reasoning being the form of HA and KP so far can let DK go so as to include new no.1 and save on a loan fee??

5 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

On a completely different tack - does anyone know what gizmo Hans Andersen was using on his bike on Monday? On the left hand side underneath the saddle I could see two orange lights on some sort of box. Never seen anything like that on any other rider's bike. Looked a bit like Blackpool Illuminations! Do the lights come in different colours - could they be the same as the helmet colours? 

That looks like the old “magic” box as they were called, ignition, I forgot they existed like that, not upto date on the technical side

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

Will it be

1. Mysery man 2. Andersen 3. Pieszczek 4. Palm Toft 5. Bates 6. Newman 7. Serjeant

Reasoning being the form of HA and KP so far can let DK go so as to include new no.1 and save on a loan fee??

Isnt it more likely that the Bates injury will keep him out longer and therefore he will form part of any double change

5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Will it be

I know Leicester have had problems at #1 for a few seasons but I wouldn't say they wanted a misery to replace Vaculik :wink:

8 hours ago, Big Al said:

Will it be

I agree with this.  Replacing King seems very doable, especially with KP stepping up and showing he could be 3rd heatleader.