British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

10 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

I agree with this.  Replacing King seems very doable, especially with KP stepping up and showing he could be 3rd heatleader.

Bates would have to return

Non like for like redeclaration couldnt include a facility for an injured rider

Josh Bates is targeting a comeback in around a month was the last I had heard and as others have said has to return to the team. 

Tonight at Somerset has confirmed that Leicester need a No1 and it will possibly mean weakness at bottom end of the team to accommodate a new No1 but just isn’t too riders available upto Vaculik average 

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

Josh Bates is targeting a comeback in around a month was the last I had heard and as others have said has to return to the team. 

Tonight at Somerset has confirmed that Leicester need a No1 and it will possibly mean weakness at bottom end of the team to accommodate a new No1 but just isn’t too riders available upto Vaculik average 

Harsh as it would be, swapping JS for a 2 pointer at number 7 seems a likely outcome? Opens it up to having a 9 point ish average top man?

Apologies for piping up out of nowhere but I'm planning a visit soonish as I've got a few people to catch up with up there so wanna catch some speedway at the same time. Any recommendations for simple half decent accommodation ? I've done some googling but thought I'd ask anyway 

Cheers

Tom

If your planning a trip up to BP 

There a few options locally a budget ibis located on the A6 in Birstall about 2 miles from the track but not much on site to eat and drink just a shell service station with a few fast food outlets.Nice village of Rothley near by for nice food and pubs

A premier inn Leicester North West again a couple of miles away but has a pub on site 

Plenty in the centre of town but parking could be an issue 

Good luck

shirl

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Harsh as it would be, swapping JS for a 2 pointer at number 7 seems a likely outcome? Opens it up to having a 9 point ish average top man?

What would Jon Armstrong be? 2? Or Connor Mountain. They both seem to like BP track

Was just about to throw in Connor Mountain but someone beat me to it. His times are good for Cov. Around BP.

K Bjerre  & Todd Kurtz in.
Vaculik & Palm Toft out

Bjerre permanent replacement and Kurtz temporary pending bates return?

Edited by 1 valve

I may be wrong but i presume the reason for replacing Toft is due to his average being too high with Bjerre as Vaculiks replacement ? If so its another situation where Speedway shoots itself in the foot. Surely some allowance should be given in certain circumstances where teams lose riders through injury that they do not have to disrupt the rest of the team just to bring in a replacement 

On 2/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Lions v Somerset March 26th.

8 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

I may be wrong but i presume the reason for replacing Toft is due to his average being too high with Bjerre as Vaculiks replacement ? If so its another situation where Speedway shoots itself in the foot. Surely some allowance should be given in certain circumstances where teams lose riders through injury that they do not have to disrupt the rest of the team just to bring in a replacement 

What do you mean - just let them have a team average higher than the other teams because someone was injured? :nono:

Obviously not as box office as Vaculik but Bjerre has good experience of the tracks in this country and did well last season for BV.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

K Bjerre  & Todd Kurtz in.
Vaculik & Palm Toft out

Bjerre permanent replacement and Kurtz temporary pending bates return?

I’m assuming Kurtz is permanent as Bates & Palm Toft have almost the same average. Bates’ return would now put us over the dreaded limit with Bjerre in the team?

Bjerre is an excellent signing if he rides as he did for Belle Vue last year. Many Aces fans were sorry that the only one 8 and above rule prevented his return this year.

26 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

I’m assuming Kurtz is permanent as Bates & Palm Toft have almost the same average. Bates’ return would now put us over the dreaded limit with Bjerre in the team?

Assuming Kurtz's average is 4.02 (5.23 divided by 1.3) , the team total is 41.27. If Bates was included instead of Kurtz it would be 42.77, which would be 0.27 over the limit, so a bit of average manipulation is required  for when Bates is able to ride, for him to slot back in.