British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

I agree it would be harsh on Todd Kurtz who has done nothing wrong however we did lose the match v Swindon and I think we may well have won had we been able to ride with Newman at reserve ? Anyway I suppose time will tell after the first set of real averages come out towards the end of June - may well be some further rider movement for all teams then ....

Cheers

Dare I add the fact that king & Sargeant my be under scrutiny if the points don't mount slightly on there personal scorecards

On 4/21/2018 at 8:57 AM, Big Al said:

I hope that MPT will be able to return to the team before too long. But there's the chance of course that he's going to be snapped up elsewhere before long. Kurtz looks like a cheap short term filler-in to me, so whilst MPT and Bates are waiting in wings, the pressure stays on King, Newman and Sarjeant and one or even two of those could be removed especially if Pieszczek continues his form. Newman's made a promising start, he had to this year and so if that continues the spotlight will be on King and Sarjeant.

MPT has been snapped up by King's Lynn as Rose has stepped down.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

MPT has been snapped up by King's Lynn as Rose has stepped down.

I'm liking the look of the KL side, they are real dark horses and Leicester are going a bit downwards in my estimation. The cup tie should be a cracker

3 hours ago, Lionsman66 said:

Dare I add the fact that king & Sargeant my be under scrutiny if the points don't mount slightly on there personal scorecards

Kingy seems to have a team spot for the season every where he ends up. A constant under performer where ever he's been, especially when under pressure... but at least he turns up every week

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Kingy seems to have a team spot for the season every where he ends up. A constant under performer where ever he's been, especially when under pressure... but at least he turns up every week

I think the expectations on King are too high. He's an adequate third heat leader and actually pretty consistent season to season. He's not going to make the jump to international standard or win many heat 15s, but can do a job.

• Like 2

Interesting to see the new averages that came into effect from today that Josh Bates would now be able to slot straight back in, instead of Kurtz. It seems that because the rolling averages for the last 20 matches are now being used Bjerre, Andersen & Sarjeants averages have all gone down, only Danny Kings has gone up. So just need Josh to get fit before the next months averages come into effect & especially before Pieszczek gets his proper average which looks set to increase from 6.50 if he keeps up his current form.

2 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Interesting to see the new averages that came into effect from today that Josh Bates would now be able to slot straight back in, instead of Kurtz. It seems that because the rolling averages for the last 20 matches are now being used Bjerre, Andersen & Sarjeants averages have all gone down, only Danny Kings has gone up. So just need Josh to get fit before the next months averages come into effect & especially before Pieszczek gets his proper average which looks set to increase from 6.50 if he keeps up his current form.

Blimey, more average sheets issued than the 2nd coming in the last few days ! Good call though, Newman average up, not a surprise - the big question as we know is how much longer does Josh need ?

3 minutes ago, Smithchops said:

Blimey, more average sheets issued than the 2nd coming in the last few days ! Good call though, Newman average up, not a surprise - the big question as we know is how much longer does Josh need ?

Crikey, I see what you mean about averages being altered again, when I looked earlier Newman was still 4.86, he's now gone up to 5.27, Sarjeant was 2.56, now he's back at 3.00. From the list of outgoing riders, Josh's average as gone down to 5.41 so he would just fit in place of Kurtz.

He hasn't completed a lap for us, so why is Toffy's average suddenly down to 2.00 ( from over 5.00) in the latest averages? Getting him back in at any cost is a no brainer if this is correct ( or am I missing something)?

Quite pleased with the all round team performance against the Rockets last night. Sarjeant looked a bit better and may well think his place could be on the line, although what are the alternatives at that end of the averages? ....... Ah, yes, Bomber in a couple of months time if he has many more nights like Monday!

21 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

He hasn't completed a lap for us, so why is Toffy's average suddenly down to 2.00 ( from over 5.00) in the latest averages? Getting him back in at any cost is a no brainer if this is correct ( or am I missing something)?

Too late now. Hasn't he already signed for Kings Lynn? He will no doubt show us all what we are missing next Monday. 

14 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Hope Bates has to prove his form before being considered to replace Todd who has done well so far and will continue to improve with more meetings. 

Suspected broken arm for king tonight 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Suspected broken arm for king tonight 

Sounds like he was wiped out by his team mate. Lions injury jinx strikes again.

Hope Danny is not out for long ...... if 3-4 weeks go with r/r but if long term go get Kim Nilsson ???

Cheers

• Like 1