British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So what happens if/when Vaculik returns? He was still on assessed 8.00 when he got injured!

Can't really see his Polish side letting him return, even if he wanted too. Or do you know something ? :wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Can't really see his Polish side letting him return, even if he wanted too. Or do you know something ? :wink:

Well vaculik will easily fit in at poole on a assessed 8 :nono:

3 hours ago, stevethelion said:

No don't know for certain, BUT after MF's recent comments about assets at other clubs, I just wondered what would happen with a couple of Poole assets if Vaculik returns?!

The more I think about it, the more doubts I'm having that Charles Wright would be right. Even though it's a neat fit, averages-wise.

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No don't know for certain, BUT after MF's recent comments about assets at other clubs, I just wondered what would happen with a couple of Poole assets if Vaculik returns?!

Is Vaculik a Poole asset then ?

On 6/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, stevethelion said:

That's his official average for June , they all change on 1st July, & are calculated on 23rd of each month. His rolling average according to the Somerset website is now 6.19 , which was updated on the 13th June & he hasn't ridden since. The same applies to Lions, if you go on the website you will see the updated rolling averages, as Lions aren't riding again until the 25th I presume these rolling averages are the ones that will be used from 1st July. Remembering that Pieszczek, Sargeant & Kurtz are on assessed averages until they have done 4h & 4a.So  I think the averages for July will be Bjerre 7.54, Andersen 7.42, Pieszczek 6.50, King 6.46, Newman 5.23, Kurtz 4.02, Sarjeant 3.00, which totals 40.17. If you take Kurtz's 4.02 away it leaves 6.35 to play with. But this doesn't come into effect until 1st July, so any changes using these averages would have to be from then.

Thanks - interesting ?, time will tell

13 minutes ago, Smithchops said:

Thanks - interesting ?, time will tell

Yes we'll have to see. It looks like it won't be Lasse because he's been unbeaten in his last 2 meetings for Sheffield which as pushed his rolling average up to 8.34, which converted to Premiership comes to 6.41, which is now too much to replace Kurtz. He could still replace King, if his injury is going to keep him out for a while.

Arm and shoulder injuries are nightmares for speedway riders and promoters, there's rarely a clear pathway unless it's a straightforward break, and the effects can drag on for ages, years even. Can Leicester afford to carry Danny King whilst both riding and trying to recover? I think it's a difficult decision they've got because although he probably wants to carry on riding, it might have now reached the point where he can't. And the absence period will be nearly impossible to accurately predict.

Bjerre seems to be a rider who needs a boot up the backside every now and then, and it usually has an effect so I wouldn't be surprised if Sheffield have recently applied the size 12. May be a good time to bring him in! But that still leaves the Kurtz issue to resolve.

Surely Lasse Bjerre still carries an Premiership Average of 6.10 from last season anyway regardless of his Championship form this year ?  In that case he could replace Todd Kurtz meaning Newman drops to reserve....

Danny King hopefully gets better and resumes his place in the team if not we could replace with a rider up to 6.79 by my reckoning - not sure who though ? Prefer King back !

2 hours ago, Robbobee said:

Surely Lasse Bjerre still carries an Premiership Average of 6.10 from last season anyway regardless of his Championship form this year ?  In that case he could replace Todd Kurtz meaning Newman drops to reserve....

Danny King hopefully gets better and resumes his place in the team if not we could replace with a rider up to 6.79 by my reckoning - not sure who though ? Prefer King back !

Any move into the PL by Lasse will be on a converted CL average as that will be his most recent MA

Vaculik is currently just competing in the SGP series and Ekstraliga. Asked if he might consider a return to Britain or Sweden, he replied: “I’m just staying focused on the Grand Prix and Poland. I don’t want to have so many meetings now. I just want to be focused on the main stuff in my speedway career. I’m focused on the GP and the Polish league.”

As expected, no Vaculik return to Leicester or the British Leagues....

Despite a reasonably good performance against Wolves away on Mon night , I do hope Lions take advantage of the 2.3 odd points we have to play with as far as team strength is concerned as by doing so would surely mean a better chance of a play-off spot come the end of the year ...

Assuming both Danny and Kyle come back off injury ok - then Charles Wright or Lasse Bjerre for Todd Kurtz - Todd has done well enough but not as good as either of those two and it would also mean Newman drops to reserve ...

If Kyle or Danny out for long period then a rethink needed - Ricky Wells ? Erik Riss ?

4 hours ago, Robbobee said:

Despite a reasonably good performance against Wolves away on Mon night , I do hope Lions take advantage of the 2.3 odd points we have to play with as far as team strength is concerned as by doing so would surely mean a better chance of a play-off spot come the end of the year ...

Assuming both Danny and Kyle come back off injury ok - then Charles Wright or Lasse Bjerre for Todd Kurtz - Todd has done well enough but not as good as either of those two and it would also mean Newman drops to reserve ...

If Kyle or Danny out for long period then a rethink needed - Ricky Wells ? Erik Riss ?

We can’t use Lasse or Erik as we did not declare them in the team at the start of this season. Unless we get some sort of special permission off the SCB or BSPA or the RSPCA or whoever’s in “charge” of whatever.

Edited by Mr Bump

4 hours ago, Robbobee said:

Agree with you regarding Kurtz, but seemed strange that he was wearing new Lions racesuit for last night's meeting, the first time he's worn the Lions colours( he had always used his Sheffield ones before that), if they were replacing him surely they wouldn't have gone to the expense of a new racesuit for 1 meeting.