British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, Smithchops said:

Is Vaculik a Poole asset then ?

No, technically a "free agent" as he has not ridden enough meetings in the UK to become a club asset.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, Big Al said:

The more I think about it, the more doubts I'm having that Charles Wright would be right. Even though it's a neat fit, averages-wise.

I would agree with you.

He's great to watch and a good fella to boot but I would only sign him if he came with a couple of trucks of shale.  To get the best out of him you need to provide him with a track with dirt on the outside. I understand that this season he was critical about the Somerset track as he wanted them to "Give me some dirt on the outside".

• Like 1

Charles Wright and Ricky Wells in, Danny King and Kyle Newman out

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Charles Wright and Ricky Wells in, Danny King and Kyle Newman out

Ruthless these promoters!!!!??:rolleyes::D

• Like 1

LEICESTER have bolstered their injury-hit side with two new signings - in time for Monday’s mouthwatering showdown with Wolverhampton at the Paul Chapman and Sons Arena.

American World Cup star - and ex-Wolf - Ricky Wells has joined the club with immediate effect and he’s joined by British racer Charles Wright.
Heading out of the team are injured
Danny King and Kyle Newman.

Co-promoter Dave Darcy said: “We are sad to see Danny and Kyle leave because they are two great guys, but in Danny’s case, in particular, we don’t know how long he’s likely to be out.

“It was was a situation which had to be dealt with and these decisions have been made in the best interests of Leicester Speedway.

“We welcome both Ricky and Charles to the Watling JCB Lions and wish them well for a successful stay with the club. They’re fine riders and we know what Charles can do after he rode for us on Monday at Wolverhampton.

“Once again this shows Leicester Speedway aren’t prepared to stand still, we’ve made things happen and we hope to see a big crowd on Monday for what should be a great night.”

6 minutes ago, nightshift said:

LEICESTER have bolstered their injury-hit side with two new signings - in time for Monday’s mouthwatering showdown with Wolverhampton at the Paul Chapman and Sons Arena.

American World Cup star - and ex-Wolf - Ricky Wells has joined the club with immediate effect and he’s joined by British racer Charles Wright.
Heading out of the team are injured
Danny King and Kyle Newman.

Co-promoter Dave Darcy said: “We are sad to see Danny and Kyle leave because they are two great guys, but in Danny’s case, in particular, we don’t know how long he’s likely to be out.

“It was was a situation which had to be dealt with and these decisions have been made in the best interests of Leicester Speedway.

“We welcome both Ricky and Charles to the Watling JCB Lions and wish them well for a successful stay with the club. They’re fine riders and we know what Charles can do after he rode for us on Monday at Wolverhampton.

“Once again this shows Leicester Speedway aren’t prepared to stand still, we’ve made things happen and we hope to see a big crowd on Monday for what should be a great night.”

Bit late with that.

Really pleased that Charles Wright is back in  the top league.

in my opinion he was badly treated by Somerset

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Those changes make Leicester a lot stronger imo! Great top 5 now!

Imho Wells for King is a downgrade. Wright for Newman is a better upgrade however.

53 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Imho Wells for King is a downgrade. Wright for Newman is a better upgrade however.

Maybe if they were both fit, but healthy Wells for recovering from injury King is a reasonable switch.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Much of a muchness to be honest. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ruthless these promoters!!!!??:rolleyes::D

Surprised that you find it funny that 2 riders have lost their places, thought you were better than that?

52 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

Maybe if they were both fit, but healthy Wells for recovering from injury King is a reasonable switch.

Absolutely agree.

51 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Much of a muchness to be honest. 

Absolutely agree.