British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

I thought that it was going to be Wright for Kurtz and then a replacement for King. 

This move still means that Lions are weaker at reserve than they need to be.

i am not 100% up on the latest averages could they have dropped Kurtz to bring in Wright and had Wells for King. That would have put Newman at reserve and some needed strength 

16 hours ago, flagrag said:

I thought that it was going to be Wright for Kurtz and then a replacement for King. 

This move still means that Lions are weaker at reserve than they need to be.

i am not 100% up on the latest averages could they have dropped Kurtz to bring in Wright and had Wells for King. That would have put Newman at reserve and some needed strength 

No that would have been 42.97, so 0.47 over. If they had replaced Kurtz with Wright & kept Newman, they would have had 6.62 to replace King. Like you say it would have given much needed strength at reserve. Have to feel sympathy for Kyle, he was the victim of circumstances, if it hadn't have been for Josh's sledging injury he would have been at reserve & no doubt piling up the points, as it was he was thrust into the main body of the team through no fault of his own & struggled & little, but still increased his starting average by nearly half a point. I think they released the wrong rider, Kurtz was the one to go for me.

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 2

Just hope that Charles Wright doesn't turn out to be a (w)right Charlie! ......What do you mean not funny?

Compared with the state of British Speedway which is 'a sitcom script in waiting' (hilarious potential), maybe not then.

It's the best move that could be made as it's not a good idea running with injured riders who with weaknesses could falter again. 1 more switch at reserve would be a good plan 

15 hours ago, Pirate Nick said:

Surprised that you find it funny that 2 riders have lost their places, thought you were better than that?

Come off it Nick. Not finding it funny at all as far as the riders are concerned. The emojis are in respect of 'ruthless' promoters be it Damien Bates, Matt Ford, Garry May or indeed any of them!!  Promoters make decisions for the benefit of their business as they see it - some will agree and some won't.

Not really ruthless if they are injured? I expect that neither rider would have been replaced if they were fit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really ruthless if they are injured? I expect that neither rider would have been replaced if they were fit.

Fit and scoring well!!!

Edited by Skidder1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Fit and scoring well!!!

Exactly, but neither rider is? Not really sure what point you are trying to make, just having a good old poo stir I'd suggest.

• Like 2

Anyone know what the team averages total is, following the changes?

27 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Anyone know what the team averages total is, following the changes?

Bjerre 7.54 , Andersen 7.42, Wells 7.09, Pieszczek 6.50, Wright 6.19, Kurtz 4.02, Sarjeant 3.00 = 41.78.

Pieszczek & Sarjeant will both have done their 4h & 4a, after Wednesdays match at Kings Lynn, so they will get new averages, I think 7 days after that. Kurtz will still have 1 more away match to do before he gets his new average.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly, but neither rider is? Not really sure what point you are trying to make, just having a good old poo stir I'd suggest.

Come off it, a big fuss being made over a harmless enough post. 

Id say the changes make Leicester a lot stronger even if King and Newman were fit.

No big fuss here, just struggling to understand how it's ruthless when the two replaced riders are injured and R/R & guests aren't really covering adequately.

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No big fuss here, just struggling to understand how it's ruthless when the two replaced riders are injured and R/R & guests aren't really covering adequately.

The OP was just pointing out that if Poole did it they would be classed ruthless and no fuss when others do it.  Two separate situations - one due to injuries and the other due to desperation (because they made a pigs ear of team building - thinking they were being “cleverer” than everyone else - karma is a b!tch)

Edited by Steve0

2 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Bjerre 7.54 , Andersen 7.42, Wells 7.09, Pieszczek 6.50, Wright 6.19, Kurtz 4.02, Sarjeant 3.00 = 41.78.

Pieszczek & Sarjeant will both have done their 4h & 4a, after Wednesdays match at Kings Lynn, so they will get new averages, I think 7 days after that. Kurtz will still have 1 more away match to do before he gets his new average.

So as somebody has said, leaves the door ajar for another change, at reserve. 

Kurtz seems to be very much "in favour" with the Lions management. I've just seen the farce of heat 2 at Monmore and I can hardly believe what I was watching. Embarrassing is the only word that comes to mind. So maybe JS is in line for the chop. But then again he has a habit of saving his bacon by scoring well at home.